Sign in to follow this  

Sup everyone, had a few questions. So I just got the new Sundown SAX 100.4D. Its got some EQ buttons that I question because I dont know them. Under the High Pass Filter there is a button is either 12db or if pressed 24db. Also beside that one is a x1 or x10? The last is a knob that ranges from 50Hz -500Hz. Can anyone tell me the advantage of any of them? I played with those settings a little last night when I installed the amp.. I just need someone to give me a good starting point and a better understanding on how to set them. Examples would be greatly appreciated. Again I'm not a complete noob but I do need better understanding on many things. I have my amp set to the full setting for my highs. And my gains are halfway for now untill i can tune it better. My build list my speakers that are being run off of it. The rea speakers are wired together going into amp. Thanks, i hope i didnt leave anything out.

http://sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/amplifiers/sax-1004d.html

The 50-500hz is the frequency range for the high pass filter.

The 1x 10x button is set 1x if you want the frequencies to be 50-500hz and 10x if you want them to be 500-5000hz.

The 12db and 24db button is the slope that the filter is set.

The 50-500hz is the frequency range for the high pass filter.

The 1x 10x button is set 1x if you want the frequencies to be 50-500hz and 10x if you want them to be 500-5000hz.

The 12db and 24db button is the slope that the filter is set.

What slope is best for my front or my rear? I think I did notice that the x1 button if pressed it could be used for tweeters.

The slope is based on your opinion. Play around with it a little until its to your liking. The 24db slope will block out almost all the sound past the filter while the 12db will slope much more gradually and you will still be able to hear some of the frequencies below it. Adjust the slopes and the frequency until you find out how you want it to sound. Tuning your system is not something that takes a couple minutes. It needs to take a few hours to get it sounding right.

The slope is based on your opinion. Play around with it a little until its to your liking. The 24db slope will block out almost all the sound past the filter while the 12db will slope much more gradually and you will still be able to hear some of the frequencies below it. Adjust the slopes and the frequency until you find out how you want it to sound. Tuning your system is not something that takes a couple minutes. It needs to take a few hours to get it sounding right.

Kool Thanks. I read somewhere on another thread that it could take days for me to get the sound I want!! I will continue to mess with it when this rain stops!! :popcorn: