bigmikekc

alpine 6x9's

need some help on some 6x9's. i have alpine sps-600 in the front doors so i was going to match them with the alpine sps-609 but then i saw the spr-69c is not much more money. should i get sps-609 or the spr-69c with no amp?

Wow !!! need more info dude. vehicle, future purpose for system, things like that.

Which sounds better to you ?? Its your system.

6x9's sound better in the trash can :)

Wow !!! need more info dude. vehicle, future purpose for system, things like that.

Which sounds better to you ?? Its your system.

oh yeah sorry i was trying to make that fast i had to go do something but my car is a 1997 honda accord but my question was what would sound better alpine sps-609 or underpowered alpine spr-69c? im trying to get a little mid bass for my first system and i want to be able to here the whole song not just the sub

6x9's sound better in the trash can :)

well then it looks like im going to have to take out the back seats

This for front stage ?? Might need to look for a amp too. Just a suggestion. :drink40:

This for front stage ?? Might need to look for a amp too. Just a suggestion. :drink40:

think i might go with the sps-609 for now with no amp so there not underpowered then when i upgrade the whole set up get the spr-69c with amp

Get some 6x9 to 6.5" adapters and install a good component set in front and you will dominate a pair of 6x9's any day.

Get some 6x9 to 6.5" adapters and install a good component set in front and you will dominate a pair of 6x9's any day.

idk if you read the OG post but i already have some 6.5's in the front doors and im going to replace my stock 6x9's in the back.

idk if you read the OG post but i already have some 6.5's in the front doors and im going to replace my stock 6x9's in the back.

There is really no point in having 6x9's in the rear, your car is not a home theater you don't need surround sound. Having them in the rear will only confuse your ears, amp a good set of components in the fronts and you'll have more than enough vocals.

There is really no point in having 6x9's in the rear, your car is not a home theater you don't need surround sound. Having them in the rear will only confuse your ears, amp a good set of components in the fronts and you'll have more than enough vocals.

what are some good 6.5's?

A 6.5" by itself or a component set?

A 6.5" by itself or a component set?

it doesn't matter ether one

Edited by bigmikekc

What is your budget? What are you current components?

What is your budget? What are you current components?

ummm well im only 16 so not much money but probably around 150$ for 2 6.5". my 6.5's right now are alpine sps-600 with no amp except the one inside my HU

So you have tweeters in the front?

So you have tweeters in the front?

no but i want some but there is not place for them so i will have to make a place

That is where you want to concentrate then, because adding more mids will only make the midrange louder, the midrange does not play the same frequencies a tweeter would.

That is where you want to concentrate then, because adding more mids will only make the midrange louder, the midrange does not play the same frequencies a tweeter would.

what are some good tweeter then?