Sign in to follow this  
razman

help with speaker replacement

started brainstorming :hyper: & decided to redo my whole system instead of just adding the rlp 15's. I'm looking for decent sq but want to be loud as well. My general knowlegde of car audio is ok (learned a lot on this forum! :slayer: ) but my knowlegde of sq & how to set it up really sucks. My car has the stock chrysler infinity system in it which isn't a bad setup imo but it really lacks the ability to get loud. It's the 7 speaker system w/ 1 dash tweet, 2 front door pillar tweets, 2 front door 6.75's & the rear shelf speakers. As much as I would love a top o' the line component system, I'm pretty muched tapped with the hu, 15's, amps & everything that went with it. I have it narrowed down to 3 choices & would really appreciate your guys' opinions on which is best.

1: leave it set up the way it is & just upgrade the tweets & speakers to ones that can handle more power & use single speakers like 3 or 4 way 6.75's & 6x9's.

2: do option 1 plus add 2 rear door 6.75's which was actually an option on my car so would be very easy.

3: leave setup the same & get component type to replace existing door & rear shelf. If I went this route I would have to go with an inexpensive system & maybe not worth it unless I'm prepared to spend the $ on high end comp?

I'm assuming these weren't just slapped in there & at least a little research went into the placement of the tweets & stuff. My new hu to replace infinity is pioneer deh p77dh direct fit for chrysler. It has front, rear, & sub preamps out so no problem putting power to them. Thanks for any suggestions! :D

What car ?

I hate the sound from the dash speakers and mids way down in the doors.

I would just do some components upfront and leave the back stock.

No need to spend money for the rear speakers when you dint even hear them or sit back there...

What car ?

I hate the sound from the dash speakers and mids way down in the doors.

I would just do some components upfront and leave the back stock.

No need to spend money for the rear speakers when you dint even hear them or sit back there...

99 chrys concorde lxi

I have always hated dash speakers too & usually just eliminate it. I was really suprised at the door pillar tweets though. I unhooked everything except those & they sounded really full & seemed to be in a good spot & angle (right at head level) they just don't get loud & infinity doesn't recommend putting any more power to them than stock. Would that be a good location for new tweets with mids in the doors or should they be kept closer together? I don't really have room for kicker pods & would not be able to change the angle of door mounted by more than a few deg.

I have a 97 concorde LX. The speaker layout is a little different than the 99.

If i was going to upgade the stereo ( prob wont) i would do some components up front.

Im guessing that chrysler did the amped speakers in the 99 as well. From what my bro told me they are all 2ohm speakers and the amp handels all the crossover points and what not.

You would have to rewire everything if you wanted to change out the speakers

My suggestion is a strong set of components up front and thats it. I can help you out with components if you're interested in CDT products but with a 6.75 opening you will need a bracket for them.