Sign in to follow this  
saosin

wall for Mags........

Sup guys, i'm really interested in the mags, i know it's goin to cost me some money but def. well worth it, i'm thinking of putting up a wall in my car and go with either 3 12" mags or 4 12" mags, most likey each powered by a nine.1 or an RE 12.1, i was wondering how much space would be recommended for them i'm goin to say probably 2.0 cf per sub? and what would be a good tunning for it, probably around 32-35 hz? its either a wall or 2 12" in a crx style box with a orion 2500d.. suggestions are welcome. thanx

Sup guys, i'm really interested in the mags, i know it's goin to cost me some money but def. well worth it, i'm thinking of putting up a wall in my car and go with either 3 12" mags or 4 12" mags, most likey each powered by a nine.1 or an RE 12.1, i was wondering how much space would be recommended for them i'm goin to say probably 2.0 cf per sub? and what would be a good tunning for it, probably around 32-35 hz? its either a wall or 2 12" in a crx style box with a orion 2500d.. suggestions are welcome. thanx

4 subs? wow ur gonna have to replace the windows with a stronger type of glass lol :rockwoot:

Honestly if you are only going to use one ED, RE, or orion amp you would be better off running 1 maybe 2 of them. If you had an orion 1200d on each now that would kick. The will get pretty loud with 300 or so watts but if you put 1200 to each with a medium to large upper tuned box you would be sitting pretty. Just my .02

yeah, good point, how bout a 2500d running all 4 which would put the amp at a 1 ohm load, so about 500-600 watts

yeah, good point, how bout a 2500d running all 4 which would put the amp at a 1 ohm load, so about 500-600 watts

That would be pretty nice. Are you going for SQL or SPL? SQL I honestly think that 2 12" would be plenty, maybe 2 15" if your feeling froggy. If you are going for SPL the 4 12" would work but Id suggest you get more power. They perform well with low wattage but you might want more to get the full potential out of them.

yeah, i think i'm goin to go with 2 12" and make a crx style box, where the subs face up and the port facing the trunk since i have limited space, or should i got with a single 15"

HA! How can one even mention SQ or even SQL with 3 or 4 of the nasty buggers???!!!!

ok how bout 2 12" in a 5-6 cf box tuned to 32hz, and both hooked up to an orion 2500d at .5 ohm load, would that be a good combo?

If you want to compete mainly, that tuning is fine. If you want more of a street beater system, lower tuning into the mid/high 20's. Other than that, the setup you listed sounds really good.