Sign in to follow this  
jonnyboy103

Few quick Questions

Alright my RL-p 12 is on its way and now I'm trying to sort out the rest of the things I need. Because of money I am going to get either a Pheonix Gold Xenon 600.1 or a Kicker kx600.1 off ebay for an amp. Any suggestings? Also how and what do I need to wire my sub to my amp? I decided to build a box myself, so for 1 rlp with 600-700 watts at 2 ohms a sealed box should be around 1ft^3? What would be some common dimensions? Finally where is a site that could direct me in going about building a box. Thanks

Because of money I am going to get either a Pheonix Gold Xenon 600.1 or a Kicker kx600.1 off ebay for an amp.  Any suggestings?

The Xenon would be a little more "flexible" regarding future use since it's 600w @ 1-4ohm. If that's what floats your boat, go for it. I personally would just go for whatever's cheaper. Both are quality amplifiers.

Also how and what do I need to wire my sub to my amp?

Speaker wire? Around 8ga to 10ga is what I normally use.

Also some type of terminals on the sub enclosure if you want to be able to quickly disconnect the sub from the amp.

I decided to build a box myself, so for 1 rlp with 600-700 watts at 2 ohms a sealed box should be around 1ft^3?

Anywhere from 1cuft - 1.5cuft would be good.

What would be some common dimensions?

I went with 13.5 x 13.5 x 13.5 internal dimensions. Made things very simple to remember during the box building phase, and works out to be almost exactly 1.25cuft after sub displacement.

Finally where is a site that could direct me in going about building a box.

What exactly do you need help with there?

I was wondering how do I wire the amp for 2 ohms?

I was wondering about a website that could take me thorugh the step by step of building of a sub box.

Also where could I pick up the materials?

I was wondering how do I wire the amp for 2 ohms?

I was wondering about a website that could take me thorugh the step by step of building of a sub box.

Also where could I pick up the materials?

Check out secrets to box building pinned in Competition & Fabrication

on this forum. It helped me out a lot. Local lumber yard, lowes, home depot etc for mdf, glue, etc.

2ohm load with a dual vc 4 ohm driver pos to both pos terminals on driver & neg to both neg terminals on driver.

1-4-2.gif