Sign in to follow this  
JustinW

port area for 21" warden?

wondered what port area is normally used by the people with wardens, wanting to do some 8" aeros or 10" aeros but wanted an idea of the port area they like..

any pointers on this? Also would 10-11 cubes per work on the 21? 11 cubes before displacement of ports, but sub displacement is already factored in.

I would email Nick at IA to find out for sure.

Enclosure recommendations are the same as the DP. 7.5-10ft net with 12-16 square inches of port per foot.

Enclosure recommendations are the same as the DP. 7.5-10ft net with 12-16 square inches of port per foot.

I had planned on emailing nick as was suggested but just wanted to know where you found this info? that'd it be pretty much the same I mean. Appreciate the info either way :)

I had planned on emailing nick as was suggested but just wanted to know where you found this info? that'd it be pretty much the same I mean. Appreciate the info either way :)

I talked to him when I bought my 21" Wardens and he told me the enclosure recommendations were the same. I use 7.5 feet net and 125 square inches of port per sub, and I like the way it sounds. Meters within .6db from 32hz to 45 hz. What amp are you using?

I talked to him when I bought my 21" Wardens and he told me the enclosure recommendations were the same. I use 7.5 feet net and 125 square inches of port per sub, and I like the way it sounds. Meters within .6db from 32hz to 45 hz. What amp are you using?

honestly looking at a single ap1500d until the new 40.1 comes out then i'll be using one of those.

honestly looking at a single ap1500d until the new 40.1 comes out then i'll be using one of those.

I would have no hesitations using a 10ft box + large port area with that 1500, though you may or may not need to change things when you switch amps to one with around 3k watts more power.

I would have no hesitations using a 10ft box + large port area with that 1500, though you may or may not need to change things when you switch amps to one with around 3k watts more power.

I think i'm going to try a solid 8.5 cubes total after all displacements and see how that works out. Be a middleman on the box sizes. What as your box tuned to? I'd be doing it for pure daily listening and demoing only.

7.5 feet net at 36hz. I like the tuning pretty well, maybe a bit lower if you listen to c&s music a lot.