Sign in to follow this  
BryanTheCEO

Are these port specs OK?

I am running 3 Fi Q15's. The box is 10.2cuft internal after port and sub displacement. The port is 5" x 28.5" and 26.25" long. Is that a proper amount of port area? That should put my tuning right around 32hz.

Sounds about right, looks like a good amount of port area, you'll have ~14in^2/ft^3.

Sounds about right, looks like a good amount of port area, you'll have ~14in^2/ft^3.

Thanks. Now I gotta build it. Going from 2 sealed to 3 ported. Can't wait!

I am running 3 Fi Q15's. The box is 10.2cuft internal after port and sub displacement. The port is 5" x 28.5" and 26.25" long. Is that a proper amount of port area? That should put my tuning right around 32hz.

I notice you didn't include brace displacement.. I hope you are bracing this enclosure. It'll need it!

I notice you didn't include brace displacement.. I hope you are bracing this enclosure. It'll need it!

The internal volume is actually over 11.15 cubes after port displacement, then each sub is .19. That gives me about .4 for bracing to be right about 32hz... I hope I got it right, because the design is at the shop already, lol.

The internal volume is actually over 11.15 cubes after port displacement, then each sub is .19. That gives me about .4 for bracing to be right about 32hz... I hope I got it right, because the design is at the shop already, lol.

Ohh ha alright, well + or - one hertz is fine too.. You're gonna play the shit out of it regardless!!! :popcorn: lol so just make sure its braced, glued and screwed!! You're gonna get your jolly's! :) I wish i had that much Sd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this