w00tah

Results Are In

So results are in. Setup is a Death Row 15 dual 1, Rockford Fosgate Power BD500.1, 3.0 net tuned to 30 hz, in a 2000 Dodge Neon ES with ZERO electrical upgrades.

Also keep this in mind, the a/c was blowing full blast the whole time, so that probably robbed me of some power. Also, all scores were at 42hz except the port score which was 35hz.

First pic is headrest with rear seats up.

7d4bf4a4.jpg

Second is headrest with seat folded down.

6e9b18ce.jpg

I didn't get a pic of the dash score, thankfully Will recorded the scores for my build thread on MW, I did a 138.4.

Third pic is in the kick.

09e73909.jpg

Fourth is the port score. Will couldn't get the sensor past the bend, which he said hampered the score.

e63e7522.jpg

Overall, the DR WANGS. The 30 hz tuning didn't hurt it at all. It gets stupid low, gets loud as balls, and it still sounds good. It is every bit as accurate as my 187, if not more so, and does it with authority.

The thing that gets me is that those scores are with 600-700 watts. I wish I could have clamped it so I knew exactly how much power it was.

Kef

That's close to what I said :)

I love it. I didn't know it was so efficient though. I mean, 138.4 at the dash?

Kef

:drink40:

Trust me, it is a little louder than I was expecting. :)

I will get a video later since we got a new laptop today :)

Kef

Congrats on score buddy :drink40:

who had the TL

A friend in Columbus, he is on CA and MWCAP as thegreatestpenn.

He is a good dude. I've sat in his car for a couple setups now (PSI built TC7, Konaki 12's, TC9, 4 ssackett OEM10's) and it's sad that it doesn't get louder than it does. He did a 141.2 recently with a pair of Sony P5's and an Audiopipe 18001d or whatever the model number is. His car sucks for SPL (Honda Civic).

Kef

Well he has done mid 40's with other setups. His car blows for SPL.

He will tell you that his car sucks just as much as I say it. His new sub should get really loud.

Kef

So I just had my setup laughed at by a guy I went to school with, he said a CompVX would smash it, that I overpaid for it when I told him price and then after hearing it said it sounded good for a "cheap" sub.

Dude has no idea WTF he is talking about.

Kef

haha lets see his sub scores...probably barely 120. Actually he probably never got it metered because it isnt even loud enough to warrant spending time to do so

i bet your 187 would be him hands down...even in its current condition cuz IA is awesome :drink40:

edit: his box is probably ported and tuned to 45hz too :ohnoes9: tell him to have fun with his one note wonder

Edited by shadowslayer666

Yeah, well, I am not worried about it. His argument was he sold audio for 2 years and he knew what he was talking about. Lol.

My scores speak for themselves, I think.

Shadow, when do you start school?

Kef

Well, until I know what my schedule looks like, I can't make any plans, but I should be able to make it to New Philly soon enough.

I will PM you when I find out what's going on.

Kef

nice score for a 500w and 12's on it!!

keep booommmiiinnn!!!

sorry man..

not bad either for a single 15's in a 500w

more booommm commin for you!!!