Sign in to follow this  
anthonyvo17

im new to car audio and need some help

ok i ordered a 18" BTL and was going to hook it up to the new hifonics brutus brz2400. Is that too much for the sub? but i also got the sub at a 1ohm so i can hook the amp to 2 ohms. Also will i be able to put that 18" in the back of my 2001 impala?

ok i ordered a 18" BTL and was going to hook it up to the new hifonics brutus brz2400. Is that too much for the sub? but i also got the sub at a 1ohm so i can hook the amp to 2 ohms. Also will i be able to put that 18" in the back of my 2001 impala?

Kinda late to be asking after you've already ordered it don't you think? :puzzled:

1. That amp will be fine. subs rms is 2000 watts and that amp does 1700 @ 2ohms. So if using a DMM you want 58.30 volts.

2. What electrical upgrades have you done to back this amp?

3. Not sure what fits in an impala as I have no experience with one.

As far as fitting an 18" ported enclosure in an Impala I dont know but if you can then you will be ok with that amp, run the sub at 2 ohms and get a nice electrical to back it up (Big 3 Uprgrade, Extra Battery).

1_1ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Big 3

When did you order the sub, you may have time to email Fi car audio with your information and see if you can get them to change it to a 15".

new to car audio and buying a sub with no warranty besides DOA hunh? at least you got one that can take a little abuse. make sure you do a lot of reading up on the hobby before jumping in over your head. hopefully you have an older big body impala and not one of the newer ones.

1 18" ported will fit, but you must cut the sheet metal behind the rear seats to slide it in.

Whoa!

I hate to say :noob: but you did not think this out very well did you?

ahaha, oh man. probably should've done just A TINY BIT of research.

Sign in to follow this