rayrai

Fi Q 15 Dual 1ohm

Ok so we got the Q in earlier this week and we got it installed and the amp were using is a POWER ACOUSTIK CPT1-1500 and its not doing what we want it to do. We wanna push it at .5 ohms but the amp cant handle it. So my question is does anybody know of any good amps that will handle pushing .5 ohms on a daily basis?

Get an amp that does about 800-1000 watts at 2ohms instead of going with .5 ohms. It will be easier on your electrical and you will have a lesser chance of a crapped out amp.

Funny that I am shipping a sub right now that I initially thought was a 15" Fi Q to your city.

Get an amp that does about 800-1000 watts at 2ohms instead of going with .5 ohms. It will be easier on your electrical and you will have a lesser chance of a crapped out amp.

Funny that I am shipping a sub right now that I initially thought was a 15" Fi Q to your city.

Well im not really worried about the electrical right now were in the process of upgrading that, but in the mean time i'm trying to find a amp that can handle the .5 ohm load

It's going to be hard to find an amp in that power range to handle a .5 ohm load. Most of the amps that handle that type of load will be larger output amps. You could get a used 1500d that Jacob has but it makes no sense to run an amp a .5 ohm for daily use, just way to much stress on all your equipment to be logical.

It's going to be hard to find an amp in that power range to handle a .5 ohm load. Most of the amps that handle that type of load will be larger output amps. You could get a used 1500d that Jacob has but it makes no sense to run an amp a .5 ohm for daily use, just way to much stress on all your equipment to be logical.

Ok i get what your saying. So how many watts max can this sub take? And whats a good 2 ohm amp that will push this sub?

Ok i get what your saying. So how many watts max can this sub take? And whats a good 2 ohm amp that will push this sub?

Eleventybillion watts :suicide-santa:

a kicker zx1500.1 would be good, Kicker amps are great.

Just wire your current amp to a 2 ohm load and if you don't like the output then worry about getting another amp. No need to get a new amp if your current amp will be enough.

If you have this in a sealed box then a kicker amp would be fine but I still think they only have fixed subsonic filters so if your ported then you should look into an amp with an adjustable subsonic filter.