Sign in to follow this  
wattsgoinon

4 21's to wall or not to wall

ok so im i finally have the amps and the alt and a few batteries so its time to start the build,my only problem is i have limited port area, i wanted to do 9 cubic foot per sub(36ft3 after sub and port displacement) with port at 16sqin per cube which comes out to 576in2 port, upon measuring i found that my maximum port area can only be 477in2 which is almost 15in2 per cube at 8ft3 per sub(32ft3 in total before the displacement. so really what im wondering is would i be better off to just do subs up and port backwith virtually all the room i need or go ahead with a slightly smaller wall than what i wanted, oh im tuning it to 32hz so if that helps either position better than the other, let me know your feedback please.oh its inan astro panel van, plus im putting 1 amp per pair so theyll be recieving around 8k rms @4ohms per pair, 16k in total,plus does the smaller box or bigger box acccomidate loading better?

has anyone even done four in a wall yet, or even four non walled, and i mean with at least 32 cubes net on either, not an undersized box

You could use aeroports instead of a slot. That would allow you to use 40-50% less port area.

And yes it has been done 4 21's

that is definitly one of the baddest builds ive ever seen. it took me like 1 1/2 hours to read all of it, thanks for the link,would still like some insight on this though