Softis

Box for a Warden 18

Hey!

I´m new here :)

Just ordered a Warden 18 2x2 ohms thats going to sit in my SAAB 9000 coupé in the trunk.

It will get about 4500 rms from a Soundstream Goliath Tarantula XXX 6500D.

How big box do I need?

I want to play loud (ofc) but loud to music, not to pure sinewaves.

The music I´m playing is Lil Jon, Ludacris, Young Jeezy... that kind so tuned to 30 hz would be really nice :) Depending on what the FS is. Cant find it

*If I´m spelling something wrong its because I´m Swedish :D*

Edited by Danne

:wavey5: and welcome

25 cubes

No, I dont think so

Edited by Danne

5-10 cubes is recommended. Think about how much space you can give up, how much power you will be applying when designing an enclosure.

5-10 cubes is recommended. Think about how much space you can give up, how much power you will be applying when designing an enclosure.

As I said, its getting 4500 rms och I can fit a box about 5-7 cubes. That should be enough.

But I would like someone to calculate a box for me. Someone should have the specs on it, the one with 2x2 ohms

With that much power I would go an enclosure in the lower range of the recommended. Anywhere between 5-7 cubes will perform very well, did you need help with the design or do you want someone to do everything for you?

With that much power I would go an enclosure in the lower range of the recommended. Anywhere between 5-7 cubes will perform very well, did you need help with the design or do you want someone to do everything for you?

What I need is an exact volume of the box and how big the port should be.

I can handle the design ;)

15-16 square inches of port per cube is what's the norm i think

Does´nt anyone have the specs for it?

In that case I can calculate it myself

That's not really "the norm" ether.

OP: I recommend you use ~125 square inches of port area.

That rule of thumb is not accurate sometimes, when you have drivers with <15 mm excursion you run into a problem when using that rule of thumb to design the port. The more xmax the woofer has the more air it will displace, so if you don't have enough port you basically have a "leaky" sealed box. That is why I design the port for the airspace the woofer displaces, not for the airspace the woofer will be in.

That rule of thumb is not accurate sometimes, when you have drivers with <15 mm excursion you run into a problem when using that rule of thumb to design the port. The more xmax the woofer has the more air it will displace, so if you don't have enough port you basically have a "leaky" sealed box. That is why I design the port for the airspace the woofer displaces, not for the airspace the woofer will be in.

Yea, I dont want to guess or build an box that fits all kinds of 18`s. I want a box for THIS sub, my amp, my car and my kind of music.

I NEED the T/S or it wont work

I did send an E-mail to incriminatoraudio.com but they did´nt answer

Edited by Danne

They don't give out the ts specs on that sub. Correct me if I'm wrong but that amp only puts out 3000 on 12 volts.

I have the T/S parameters for the 12" as Jacob Fuller tested and posted them.