Second Skin

Get it While the Gettin's Good!

" I have not stood up my own business but neither have they. I am pointing out short comings beacuse this was an already established business."

if by this you mean Ken has not started his own business, you are wrong. the business he owned before this one was built from the ground up by him and only him, and he ran it completely on his own for the most part for 22 years, and when he was done he sold it for a nice profit. the reason he sold it is because he was ready for a new and more challenging venture. i don't know why you automaticaly assume we aren't doing everything we can to keep this business as amazing as it was when ANT ran it, but I can assure you we are as dedicated to this business as ANT was. we have run into a few bumps in the road in the process of moving the business from Phoenix to Tucson, which no one could have predicted, and no plan could have prevented.

i don't understand how you can coment on something you have no knowledge of. you have said yourself you have never purchased a business, that you have run a business that has been in your family for 80 years, which is great, but gives you no knowledge of purchasing and running a whole new venture. each business is different and has different challenges that need to be worked out.

AX

Ken > Anthony in my opinion.

Ken reminds me of Don form SDS, not in it for huge profits like Anthony was, but to actually help people.

" I have not stood up my own business but neither have they. I am pointing out short comings beacuse this was an already established business."

if by this you mean Ken has not started his own business, you are wrong. the business he owned before this one was built from the ground up by him and only him, and he ran it completely on his own for the most part for 22 years, and when he was done he sold it for a nice profit. the reason he sold it is because he was ready for a new and more challenging venture. i don't know why you automaticaly assume we aren't doing everything we can to keep this business as amazing as it was when ANT ran it, but I can assure you we are as dedicated to this business as ANT was. we have run into a few bumps in the road in the process of moving the business from Phoenix to Tucson, which no one could have predicted, and no plan could have prevented.

i don't understand how you can coment on something you have no knowledge of. you have said yourself you have never purchased a business, that you have run a business that has been in your family for 80 years, which is great, but gives you no knowledge of purchasing and running a whole new venture. each business is different and has different challenges that need to be worked out.

AX

Ax, I'm going to ask this only one time. Did you read this before you posted it? At all? What I wrote means IN THIS INSTANCE THIS WAS AN ALREADY ESTABLISHED BUSINESS!!!

I am sorry if we have differing views but simply put, I see ANT as 100x more dedicated. Period.

As for me having no knowledge of.......Bro let me put it this way, I do not need 'insider knowledge' to know what I see and what I remember. I see a lack of partisipation and general knowledge of the business in its self that you guys have taken over. As such I remember seeing other business' fail when similar things happen. All I am trying to do is prevent it from happening here. You got a damn good brand, now make it flourish even more than it already had.

J

Ken > Anthony in my opinion.

Ken reminds me of Don form SDS, not in it for huge profits like Anthony was, but to actually help people.

Sorry man don't know Don (or I dont remember knowing him). ANT wasnt in it for huge profits (as I saw it) he offered a damn good product at a damn good price, wold work with ya to get even more bang for your buck if ya asked, and was always around offering assistance. I havent seen ken around with shit.

J

Don is the sound deadener guru, owns Sounddeadenershowdown (SDS) amd REALLY knows his stuff. He knows exactly how to fix problems, whereas Anthony just recommended you cover everything in the vehicle with as much deadener you can afford.

Gotcha gotcha gotcha.........I remember now, and yes Don is VERY informative.

I cant say ANT's methodology of sound deadening was perfect but he at least had presence and was trying to show who he was, what he sold and made it work through hard work.

J

@ godsmack.... your mistaking respect for courtesy, I don't give respect unless it's earned! Being popular in an online forum doesn't mean much to me, but hey I'm sure you're a nice guy and my comments aren't directed to you as a person merely in the way you're trying to convey your message. Good little debate we got going.....giving the brain a little work out!

Moving a business is not easy and if the new owner has run into problems that could be preventing him from having a stronger online presence.....let's give him 6 months and see how things progress. I did buy some stuff about 2-3 weeks and they forgot the bottle for the spray gun, called them and they answered and were very friendly and shipped my new bottle out the same day, I can't ask for anything better than that.

@ godsmack.... your mistaking respect for courtesy, I don't give respect unless it's earned! Being popular in an online forum doesn't mean much to me, but hey I'm sure you're a nice guy and my comments aren't directed to you as a person merely in the way you're trying to convey your message. Good little debate we got going.....giving the brain a little work out!

Moving a business is not easy and if the new owner has run into problems that could be preventing him from having a stronger online presence.....let's give him 6 months and see how things progress. I did buy some stuff about 2-3 weeks and they forgot the bottle for the spray gun, called them and they answered and were very friendly and shipped my new bottle out the same day, I can't ask for anything better than that.

First off let me explain something bro. Respect is usually earned but sometimes you give the person your speaking to the respect they already have earned through what they have done so far. Both on and off line, in work and in professional. I have earned mine, and I'll be damned if I dont get it. But either way lets look at it as done and dropped.

I am glad to hear you had a good experience purchasing online, and certainly hope you mean with Second skin in the context of this story. Reguardless, I can buy the 6 month idea. I just want to ensure they know what people expect and they realize that in this business even a few days off can make people forget you exist as there is ALWAYS someone waiting in the wings to take those sales right out from under you.

J

All i got to say is plz second skin fix your ordering process on your website. I was going to order a shop pack but every time i try to checkout. Your reccomended product pages come up and wont let me bypass your stupid wooden roller for 15$ WHICH I DO NOT want to purchase yet it wont let me continue without accepting the item on the page. In a long run im not paying a extra 15$ for a roll i dont need when im alreadying willing to spend 300$ not going to happen. Until that website problem is fixed my will to buy some sound deadning is delayed.

Godsmack, you are being a little harsh man. You may deserve respect for being a older member and for things you have done in the past , but you seem to forget respect is something that is a continuing beast. You still have to earn respect from newer members, you dont automatically get it like you think you deserve. People keep forgetting that on forums. A forum over the years will loose some of its older members and they must be replaced with newer ones, but if you leave a bad taste in us newer members mouth when we join, you will have nothing in the long run.

I can see both sides of the story, but you need to give the new owners a little slack. It has to be very hectic taking over a business. Especially a online business, having to deal with all these people waiving there epenis around because they are not face to face.

I like SS, i will give them a little slack because they are new at this. but you are also correct if this keeps up for any length of time i will go someplace else for my product.

Like I said man slack is being cut and he raised a good idea with the 6 month thought.

I am used to my job where its up to the new guys to SEE what someone has the respect that have earned and give it to them in advance. If they want theirs they have to earn it just like the seasoned guys did.

Reguardless I will lighten up a bit.

I apologize to everyone for waving my 'fuck this shit' flag.

To the new owners of Second Skin,

May the Audio gods shine down upon you, let the rest of your transition go smoothly, and good luck. I look forward to doing business in the future.

J

All i got to say is plz second skin fix your ordering process on your website. I was going to order a shop pack but every time i try to checkout. Your reccomended product pages come up and wont let me bypass your stupid wooden roller for 15$ WHICH I DO NOT want to purchase yet it wont let me continue without accepting the item on the page. In a long run im not paying a extra 15$ for a roll i dont need when im alreadying willing to spend 300$ not going to happen. Until that website problem is fixed my will to buy some sound deadning is delayed.

we appologize for the problems you are having with ordering your products. let's take this to PMs or emails to discus further. people have things to talk about other than the specifics of our websites possible issues on this thread.

AX

I apologize to everyone for waving my 'fuck this shit' flag.

To the new owners of Second Skin,

May the Audio gods shine down upon you, let the rest of your transition go smoothly, and good luck. I look forward to doing business in the future.

J

Thank you. i too apologize if i may have gotten a little rude. i'm glad everything is all cleared up between everybody.

AX

Not rude just defensive. I was being pricky as well.

We shall see what happens with you guys, and I hope its all good.

J

This is why SSAudio is the best forum for audio period. We can have spirited conversations and stay adults and come to a peaceful resolution or understanding without anyone getting their feelings hurt. :)

Me feelings were hurt :peepwall:

:shrug:

It's ok Commander Adams!

Well then I have 2 choices for ya man

1) Look at your avatar chick and smile and feel better about yourself.

2) Grow thicker skin. We do not baby our people here.

:)

J

Well then I have 2 choices for ya man

1) Look at your avatar chick and smile and feel better about yourself.

2) Grow thicker skin. We do not baby our people here.

:)

J

*boing*

Yeah I chose option #1. :P