Sign in to follow this  
vwfamily

New amps?

So I hear that ZED is coming out with new amps?

I am planning to get the Leviathan BUT if there is maybe some new product coming out, specifically in the 5-6 channel amp department then maybe I should wait and see.

Can anyone give me any clues as to if what I heard was correct and about the possibility of new 5-6 channel ZED amp?

TIA :fing34:

If I'm not mistaken the last I heard he was working on a 4 channel and possibly a mono block. There is also mention of tube amps and crossovers in the Leviathan/Kronos manual.

There is the Leviathan (as mentioned above), and the Kronos a 2/1 channel. There was plans for a 4 channel and a mono block, but they were put on hold.

The Levianthan is a 6ch amp and it's sold in the SSA store.

Yes, I am planning on purchasing the Leviathan as mentioned in my OP. I was just wondering whether there was going to be a new addition to the multiple channel (5 to 6 channel) amp department. :D

If I'm not mistaken the last I heard he was working on a 4 channel and possibly a mono block. There is also mention of tube amps and crossovers in the Leviathan/Kronos manual.

Crossover as in a separate crossover component? Individual all by itself, not a part of or containing an amp? SWEET!!! :woot:

Tube amps?! :dancing: Oh my GAWD!!!

Man ZED is the :poop: .

Sorry I was having fun w/those emoticons.

I think the banner at the top of this section needs an update.

It shows a picture of the older Draconia instead of either of his newer amps :)

I think the banner at the top of this section needs an update.

It shows a picture of the older Draconia instead of either of his newer amps :)

True, but I love the last series too. Some of my all time favorite A/B models. ;)

Zed's upcoming new lineup. Taken out of context from their site (for the lazy ones out there).

FYI: Their website is under construction.

The only information that is up to date and current is the 'NEWS' page.

http://www.zedaudioc.../News/news.html

Leviathan:

Output: 150w x 6 at 4 ohm, 300w x 6 at 2 ohm.

Leviathan has several upgrades and changes.

Draconia:

We are reviving the name of the first 4 channel amplifier to be produced under the Zed name but this new amplifier is a different breed.

Output: 100w x 4 at 4 ohms and 200w x 4 at 2 ohms.

In bridge mode 200w x 2 at 8 ohms 400w x 2 at 4 ohms.

Dreadnought:

Rated at 225w x 4 at 4 ohm and 400w x 4 at 2 ohms it is a true power house in the world of 4 channel amplifiers.

Bridged power into is 450w x 2 into 8 ohm and 800w x 2 into 4 ohm.

Minotaur:

Rated at 500w x 1 at 4 ohm and 1000w x 1 at 2 ohm this shall be the smaller of the mono blocks in our line up.

Four (4) Minotaurs may be set up in a parallel/bridge configuration with the main master Minotaur being the only one whose preamplifier controls affect the other three. The output power in this configuration is a total of 2000w at 8 ohm and 4000w at 4 ohm.

RA:

This remote control is absolutely unique in that it has features never seen before. It is a self powered remote meaning that it has its own internal switching supply and thus is not tethered to Zed amplifiers. It may be used with any amplifier as it is a line in-line out product. RA was designed with only subwoofer duty in mind.

Megalith or it as it may be called Pterodactyl:

(Please send us emails with your vote) to Zed Audio please.

This is the second of our mono blocks, rated at 1,000w into 4 ohm and 2,000w into 2 ohm.

So two of these bad boys bridged will deliver 2000w at 8 ohm or 4000w at 4 ohm.

Hybrid tube-solid state amplifier (The name shall only be announced at it's introduction):

This is a 4 channel amplifier with a completely tubed front end and a new design of linear amplifier for the output stages. Rated at 100w per channel this shall set a new standard for amplification in the mobile arena.