GoBigRed313

Eclipse SW9152 for $250, good deal?

I walked into a local stereo shop looking to get some carpet for a speaker box and they had an Eclipse Titanium 15". I had not seen one of these in a few years. They were asking $250 for it, it was an old floor model I believe. Is that a good price for one of these? I recall they were quite a bit back then. Would $250 be worth it? I was getting ready to re-install my 12" Soundsplinter RLP into my new car and saw this and gave me second thoughts.

It was a nice driver for sure. Is it in good condition? Some floor models can look good but have loads of use on them.

Yeah, I don't think it has ever been used actually. Only bad thing about snapping this up is that I would have to get a new amp that can handle 2 ohm mono. I can't seem to find any actual specs on this sub either regarding enclosure size and actual power handling. Some say 750 watts rms, some say 750 watts rms per coil. The guy at the shop said he thought you could do a 15 in 1.2 cubes sealed, but I have no way of verifying that. Very bizarre for a sub that was pretty popular for a while. If anyone has any knowledge on these it would be appreciated.

I may have the T/S parameters, I'll look and post back tomorrow.

Edited by cobra93