Jaker89

Single 12 inch warden in aero port

So since the warden is the big name of incriminator I have a few questions. I have a 12 inch warden and am aiming for some good numbers in my 4 door pontiac grand prix, hence the reason for an aero port. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do. I have a 6 inch aero port and was wondering what size someone would recomend for the box. The second question I have is should if be internal or extrenal aero port. Any help would be nice. Thanks

More Info. What are your goals etc.......

Edited by cheese20323

I am aiming for big numbers on around 3000watts of power(once I get my Audison amp sold). I know you hear that alot, but I would be happy just on a single burp being able to break the 150mark. I have broke the 145 mark, but now I am getting smoked by people at even just local shows with 146-147's. The highest in a car local is a 148.5 so I am mainly hoping I can beat that.

I have a 2002 4 door grand prix, trunk is deadened completely, and I have a 6 inch aero port and a full sheet of MDF laying in my basement. All I need to do is sell my amp, figure out how to build a aero port box, tune it(to 43hz), and just figure out the aiming and such of the port. I have access to a term-lab when I have the box built and such.

I've used an 8 inch aero port for my BTL 12 with good results. BIG improvement over the 6 inch one. And 5 minutes of testing with the 10 inch aero port gained me 0.8db over the 8 inch :D

Free yourself of those puny ports :P

On a more serious note, you will need to do the typical sedan setup, sub and port facing the windshield, port on driver's side and box sealed off from the trunk.

Depending on the class you compete in, external port might protrude out of the trunk space. I personally prefer external for ease of adjusting length and no worries about modifying box volume when the port length changes.

That's what I said first about the 150 mark, one burp and it's enough. Now I'm close to 151 and I'm aiming for 152 :lol:

I would do atleast 3 6 inch areoports and figure out the resonant freqeuncy of you're vehicle.

And tune about 10 hz lower and test.

Then cut it down to make the tuning higher and test again.

Over and over again untill u don't notice any gains anymore. ;)

Anything that will get you about 702" of port area minimum.

Well I have the 6 inch aero port so try going with 2-3 more of them? How many cubic feet for the box? sub and port both facing the front or sub back port driver side? im getting mixed emotions here and am a little confused. I see one thing from someone then something else in the next post.

We all told you th same thing, just in different ways.

Wall off the trunk, with the Warden on the drivers side, and port on the passenger side, make sure the trunk is completely sealed or you will loose pressure.

Use any number of ports, whatever totals up to be at least 702" of port area will be fine.

So I can't do a regular in trunk box? Like aim sub back and port driver side?

If you don't want to seal it the trunk, there are more options. Try sub back port to the side, as well as sub up port forward CRX style.

I really don't want to seal off my trunk. I need to put my back seats in from time to time and that way I wouldn't need to take out my sub. I am thinking about trying the sub back port to the drivers side. I don't know what size to build the box to. I was thinking between 1.8 and 2.5 cubic feet and 2 6 inch aero ports. My cars rez freq is 47hz so I will tune to around 40hz and test from there. That sound good enough for now? I still need to get rid of my Audison VRX 1.500 and get a bigger amp(1 ohm stable). I have a full sheet of MDF so I can start building the box now. I have all winter to finish it so I really am not in a huge rush other than to get things figured out so I can do some tuning over the winter.

Build so you can change it, you will need to because it takes a lot of testing to get loud.

I am going to build it so I can reuse the aero ports. I dont mind building a few boxes. What do you think for the size? Is 1.8 to small? I am probably going to build a few boxes.

We suggested seal the trunk off so you can get enclosure volume as much as possible, because it increases efficiency.

Since you don't want to, build something that fits and allows for air and sound waves to pass through into the cabin, as big as possible.