Mahna Mahna

780w Enough Power for an XCON?

Just wondering if 780watts from a DLS RA10 (@ 1 ohm) would be enogh power for a single 12" XCON?

XCON would be sealed in the recommended size enclosure (1.45 cu.ft) hitting 80's rock tunes and jazz (NO CELINE DION!!! EVER).

Thanks

I'm sure it would sound fine and be loud.

And you would always have the ability to put a larger amp on in the future.

I'm sure it would sound fine and be loud.

And you would always have the ability to put a larger amp on in the future.

exactly. Leaving yourself room for improvement is always great, but yes, that power will be just fine.

Just wondering if 780watts from a DLS RA10 (@ 1 ohm) would be enogh power for a single 12" XCON?

XCON would be sealed in the recommended size enclosure (1.45 cu.ft) hitting 80's rock tunes and jazz (NO CELINE DION!!! EVER).

Thanks

That is plenty of power. There was a member here running them at 500 watts for a while, and I ran a single 12 sealed in a 1.1 with my trusty little US Acoustics 2075 that puts out a whopping 240 watts at 4ohm mono. :)

Whats the best size sealed enclosure...1.35 or 1.5 cubes?

Either really, usually with lower power, you can go larger for more efficiency. 1.35 is plenty, but if you would like to go up to 1.5 then go for it.

Either really, usually with lower power, you can go larger for more efficiency. 1.35 is plenty, but if you would like to go up to 1.5 then go for it.

Any sound difference?

Any sound difference?

Chances are not too much, but no way to know for sure until tested in your car. Honestly. 1.35 is plenty, if you want a little more out of it, you can always add a 1lbs. of polyfill. :)

Chances are not too much, but no way to know for sure until tested in your car. Honestly. 1.35 is plenty, if you want a little more out of it, you can always add a 1lbs. of polyfill. :)

Great....THANKS :)