Sign in to follow this  
hondakilla98

Home theater sub $800 29 cu ft

I'm working on my home theater setup. I'm putting A 110" screen with an epson 8100 projector. I want to build a big sub setup. I'm framing a wall out 2' to hide an old fireplace. I'll have 30" on either side of the screen to work with. One side will have a cabinet with my component stack in it. The other will have the sub. So I'll have aprox. 24" deep, 30" wide, and 95" tall. So about 40 cu ft gross. Originally I was going to run a single 18" or a pair of 15's, and I may still. But now I'm thinking, why not go with a 21"? But I'm not finding many 21's. GoLs are to spend less than $800 total and be great for movies and HDTV. It will be 80% for tv and movies and 20% for music. So what's available that would suit my purpose? I'm open to opinions and suggestions. Maybe multiple cheap subs or one expensive one. I figure $300 for a 1000 watt amp, $200 for the box, and $300 for subs.

Make sure you check out HAF and post this build there also.

A 15" Tempest X from Exodus Audio or a 15" or 18" Fi Q will suit you. If you can find them an Ascendant Audio Avalanche or Adire Audio Tumult will work as well. Good luck with your project. l