Sign in to follow this  
DCarter

Quick Box Help

I've decided on the 2 12" ssd's. Really excited for it! NOW..... the box

Ive always wanted to try an aeroport so i can adjust tuning and uses less space. But heres the catch. I dont know what to do lol. The box dimensions im looking at are: Height: 15.5" Width: 31" Depth: 16"

According to RE calculator (which i know is off a bit) is about 3.5 cubes with no port.

With those dimensions above or similiar, what aeroport do i get!? where do i put it on the box? I want it to be tuned to 32-33 hz

thnx guys !!! :drink40:

what does that tune it to? so i know what to set my subsonic at

Edited by DCarter

Tune it to 32-33Hz...

You can download winisd from www.linearteam.org to figure out the length of the ports..

Keep in mind that you have to subtract your port and driver displacement in the box. So you'll have to subtract the volume of the cylinder from your volume to calculate the proper tuning.

At 3.5 cubic feet (you will have something smaller so say 3.25 cubic feet to get to 33Hz with 2 4" aeros the ports will need to be 16.25" long

ok thank you very much!

this is why im such a large supporter around my area

could i ask a huge favour, the box deisign im doing is going to be a common chamber L port tuned to 32-33 hz.

Its Height: 15" Width: 32" Depth: 18"

can someone tell me what dimensions the L port should be and how much cubic feet it will be with the 2 12" inside. I dont trust the RE calculator :P

you guys are awesome :drink40:

Sign in to follow this