Sign in to follow this  
Krisco

Company who ships to FPO AP

I am looking for a company who will ship to my address:

FPO, AP

Also, I am looking for new recommendations for sub and amp.

Reference thread:

Clicky

Yokota, Kadena or Misawa? Not that it really matters. Few companies ship or will ship via USPS because it is a total pain for them. I don't know of one. Find your local Autobacs, that's your best bet.

If you want something from the States, have it shipped to a friend in the US and get them to mail it to you.

www.apobox.com

They re-ship stuff for you. Cheap and easy. We are using it in Iraq.

J

Krisco, I used to be stationed in Germany, I had a APO addy, and MOST companies will ship if you contact them by e-mail and ask them. Sundown ships to apo as does XS power, most individual sellers will too as long as you explain to them about your address. Just e-mail whoever and ask them too. I know AQ doesn't ship to APO/FPO and thats why I have never purchased from them....I dont appreciate non-military supporting companies.

Yokota, Kadena or Misawa? Not that it really matters. Few companies ship or will ship via USPS because it is a total pain for them. I don't know of one. Find your local Autobacs, that's your best bet.

If you want something from the States, have it shipped to a friend in the US and get them to mail it to you.

Im in Yokosuka right now. I dont know why they dont ship to AP. its usa address. :(

Im in Yokosuka right now. I dont know why they dont ship to AP. its usa address. :(

Shipping to APO/FPO Address is a huge headache. I had some clients that work for the embassy in Japan. They came home for their wedding and went back afterwords. So I had to try and ship everything to them. Its was like pulling teeth as I have never shipped to one. The address I was given didn't show up in the UPS or USPS computers. So I was going back and forth with the client trying to figure out what the issue was and why I couldn't ship to them. Maybe because it was the Embassy address? No clue. So at this point I am mad as shit because my clients were getting frustrated, and I hate making clients unhappy, especially ones that have tons of money and power. lol We final decided to give everything to her Dad who was flying over on business a couple months after the fiasco.

I support the military, I have a few family members active in Iraq and Afghanistan. Uncles, Aunts, Dad, sister all served. Regardless, I will never try and ship to an APO address again! lol

Edited by Teampapi79

The reason that most companies don't want to deal with shipping to an APO is that they HAVE to go through the USPS to do so at a reasonable rate. This means a trip to the post office and customs forms, because even though it is theoretically a US address, it is located in a foreign country and customs gets involved. It also means no tracking, extra cost insurance and added expense to get the basic services that are part of the deal with UPS and FedEx. They could ship with UPS, FedEx or DHL but it would cost the same as shipping to Japan and still requires the customs considerations. The reality is that not shipping to an APO has nothing to do with supporting the troops and everything to do with managing a business. Shipping to an APO for a company is bending over backwards (or just bending over). I'm in the military myself and spent 3 years at Yokota and plenty of time in the desert. I don't take it as a lack of support when someone won't ship to APOs. I see it as a reality of doing business and trying to make a living.

I hear you guys. Gotta maintain the business. However, i offered to pay the difference in shipping also.

Did you offer to pay for his time to travel to the post office and the time his shop had to be closed while he was there? Like I've said royal PITA for a small business.

UPS, FedEx and DHL also can't ship to an APO just like they can't ship to a PO Box. They need a physical address.