Impious

Uh Oh.......

Buy the amp....do it now !

Mike shoudve included an amp with this sub, no one has enough power for it

i gave it 1200wrms...IMO, more then enough. and personally, i think it excelled with that. but then again, i don't think it needs a really huge box either. 2.5 cubes tuned to 28hz + 1200wrms + 12" RL-s = really big smile on my face!

i would think 800wrms in a 3.5 ported affair woiuld be really sweet. but then again, maybe i'm just a basshead who doesn't know sq when it slaps him in the face...lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Don't get me wrong....it sounds great with 800w. If someone were buying this sub for a pure SQ install, 800w would do it. Blends well with the frontstage. Not overpowering, not overbearing.

But, there are definitely subs that get louder off of the same power (atleast with this sub in this box). The Rl-p in 1.25cuft sealed off of the same amp (with a little lower gain setting, hence less power) has more overall output than the Rl-s in 3.5cuft sealed. I might try tossing a few blocks of wood in the box today, drop the box size down some and see what happens. Should have a decent boost in output, but efficiency will probably go down some along with low end extension....so I don't know how it'll sound off of this power in a smaller box.