Nova

D1400 Question

Not sure how many of these I would need to run an SD16KD. Also, what would be the advantages/disadvantages of running the 14V batt. vs 4 D3100's? I already have a D3400 up front, would I want to change this to a 14v batt as well if I decide to go with the D1400?

Thanks,

Nova

A SounDigital 16KD? Really?

If your going to run 16000watts then you should already know what your doing...

You cant just run 12v and 14v batteries like that. You could use stepdowns so you could still charge 12v batteries on a 16v setup, but thats expensive. Run two alts, one for stock, other for stereo electrical.

Let me ask this, Do you have a High Output Alt? or planning on getting one?

Not sure how many of these I would need to run an SD16KD. Also, what would be the advantages/disadvantages of running the 14V batt. vs 4 D3100's? I already have a D3400 up front, would I want to change this to a 14v batt as well if I decide to go with the D1400?

Thanks,

Nova

Hey Nova,

I would recommend a minimum of 4 per SD16KD. If it is for SPL competition, you may want to consider up to 10 D1400's to power 16kw. The advantage in using a 14 or 16 volt battery over a 12v battery is the additional voltage you get to the amplifier. If you decide to use 14v, you will need to make sure that any battery that is connected to it is also a 14v battery, and that your alternator can properly charge at 16.5-16.8VDC.

Thanks Nathan. My plan is to run 2 Mechman 270 alts and a smaller alt to run the vehicle. I contacted Mechman about a 3 alt bracket so hopefully I'll hear from him soon. I planned on running the XS batts on a seperate charging system from the vehicle already as it should see less voltage drop. Battery specs own me.

And lol @ Haters above.

Duran, you'll be first to get a demo so I can hear, "Really?" I'm in West Valley.

Edited by Nova

Thanks Nathan. My plan is to run 2 Mechman 270 alts and a smaller alt to run the vehicle. I contacted Mechman about a 3 alt bracket so hopefully I'll hear from him soon. I planned on running the XS batts on a seperate charging system from the vehicle already as it should see less voltage drop. Battery specs own me.

And lol @ Haters above.

Duran, you'll be first to get a demo so I can hear, "Really?" I'm in West Valley.

I'm not hating :P It just sounded like you just thought you could run a 14v battery on a 12v electrical charging system :)

If mechman doesn't get back to you, talk to DC power ;)

and be sure to post videos when done, I'm a pic/vid whore.

And lol @ Haters above.

You the one doing the blow through on the DC's?

Yeah. It'll be a while as it will be done in stages. Im trying to get a spending sheet done to see when I can buy what. Plan is 4 18" XL's in a 4th on an SD16KD. 24^ ported 12^ sealed.

You the guy selling the SD16KD? Ha.

I was going to go with 2 Stetsom 7K2's but after finding out how power hungry they are compared to the SD, I've decided otherwise.

You the guy selling the SD16KD? Ha.

I was going to go with 2 Stetsom 7K2's but after finding out how power hungry they are compared to the SD, I've decided otherwise.

Nope, that's Seth selling his. Are you on UTCA? http://utahcaraudio.user-board.net/index.htm?sid=5e6e4735807f2d5e0bc69a3ba42a111a