manrossdamn

4Runner Electrical help

So my budd is worried about his electrical in his 2000 Toyota 4Runner and wonders if he needs to upgrade his Alternator and/or battery.

He's running I think a yellow top under the hood, and we'll be running an AQ1200D on my 18 soon enough.

Thanks guys

:dancing:

up up!

box is put togethher!

tomorrow it is going in

It really depends on the car. I had dimming lights with under 1000 watts without a second battery. Voltage was always above 12 but lights are pretty sensitive. I'd say try it first and see if he actually needs upgrades.

lights are going to dim...just stay above 12.8 and your godd.

The only way to tell is to install it in the vehicle and get a volt meter to keep an eye on the voltage, as well as complete the big 3. If you have voltage drops then you will need to add a secondary battery (personally I wouldnt want to drop below 13.2-13.5volts but everyone has there preferences).

So my budd is worried about his electrical in his 2000 Toyota 4Runner and wonders if he needs to upgrade his Alternator and/or battery.

He's running I think a yellow top under the hood, and we'll be running an AQ1200D on my 18 soon enough.

Thanks guys

:dancing:

C'mon man, This isn't related to Fi at all.

If you want help, post in the right section :)

My bad bro :)

Mods can you move it please?

And thanks for the help guys :D

He has a stock 80 amp alternator and we're fixing to do the big three.

The FI is tearing my house aparty with barely 200 watts..

i have an aq1200 in my 99 toyota and my electrical is still efficient enough. not sure if the electrical is similar enough btwn the two vehicles.

An extra battery in the back wouldn't hurt, probably all it needs. say a d3400 :P

will tell my friend

he's getting worked up about having a weaker alt vs batteries..