Sign in to follow this  
FlameNSasquatch

2 12" SSD or 1 12" BTL

I was wondering which would be a better buy, 2 SSD 12s or 1 BTL 12. I would be using a Rockford Fosgate T1500 amp. Can anyone help me with which one would be louder? Clearer? Any opinions would help a lot!

A pair of SSD12s with the flatwind coils would be the better bet output wise. Albeit in twice the enclosure volume. Cone area wins.

Also, be advised that in ported applications you will need some sort of secondary filtering for the subsonic side of things so the subs dont go into overexcursion below tuning. The RF amps are set to 0 or 28Hz and a shallow 12dB per octave. Not adjustable or very useful.

Thanks,

Scott

A pair of SSD12s with the flatwind coils would be the better bet output wise. Albeit in twice the enclosure volume. Cone area wins.

Also, be advised that in ported applications you will need some sort of secondary filtering for the subsonic side of things so the subs dont go into overexcursion below tuning. The RF amps are set to 0 or 28Hz and a shallow 12dB per octave. Not adjustable or very useful.

Thanks,

Scott

^this, or tune your enclosure to 28hz :P

Here's an inline attenuator you may want to check out http://www.hlabs.com/technical/crossovers/

i had a avanlanche 15 tuned to 28 hz and that was a very fun experience

Sign in to follow this