dorian01

BL vs BTL-N1

i preordered a khaotic enclosure and i was originally going to get a bl 12 fully loaded with 1700 rms (hifonics brz1700.1D). now the btl-n1 came out. it looks like a lower power alternative to the btl n2. the n1 looks like a sq driver and is a lot lighter, but im not sure if it would have more spl than the bl 12. im not sure how much the n1 will cost either, but shipping will be a lot lower than with a bl. which 12 inch sub u think i would be better off to get?

electrical:

stock alternator

1 hc800 under hood

2 hc1800 in trunk

rockford fosgate 10 farad hybrid capacitor

1 and 2 awg

big 3

Nick and Scott will have to chime in, NO ONE else will have experience.

i want to hear the answer to this to. im getting ether a bl or n1 depending on the price of the n1

i preordered a khaotic enclosure and i was originally going to get a bl 12 fully loaded with 1700 rms (hifonics brz1700.1D). now the btl-n1 came out. it looks like a lower power alternative to the btl n2. the n1 looks like a sq driver and is a lot lighter, but im not sure if it would have more spl than the bl 12. im not sure how much the n1 will cost either, but shipping will be a lot lower than with a bl. which 12 inch sub u think i would be better off to get?

electrical:

stock alternator

1 hc800 under hood

2 hc1800 in trunk

rockford fosgate 10 farad hybrid capacitor

1 and 2 awg

big 3

do yourself a favor and sell that cap and put the money towards something else in the build

BL will still hold its own against the N1. The N1 is geared a little more towards SQ and not a monster tough sub. The N1 will cost a little more than the BL too. Only so low we can go with the cost of Neo.

In recent conversations with several people, most feel that the N1 should be geared towards SQ, like a light weight Q, more so than a light weight BL. While I have always leaned in that direction, it did test well with the BL coil in it. I understand the thinking: Q seems to be a little more esoteric sub for a discerning listener that would appreciate the weight savings. BL tends to be brutalized and appreciated for its heft.

Id say, stick with the BL.

Thanks,

Scott

Don't mean to hijack but I was planning on the getting the BL but I really like the N2. I understand now that the N1 is geared like the Q. So, i was thinking that since the n2 is like the gen2 BTL it should better results in output than the BL would. I'm using an Saz-1500d v.2. All in all, if you think the N2 would yield more output than the BL on around 1500 watts then i wouldn't mind spending a little more. Plus, i could always add power to the n2 down the road if I wanted to.

Don't mean to hijack but I was planning on the getting the BL but I really like the N2. I understand now that the N1 is geared like the Q. So, i was thinking that since the n2 is like the gen2 BTL it should better results in output than the BL would. I'm using an Saz-1500d v.2. All in all, if you think the N2 would yield more output than the BL on around 1500 watts then i wouldn't mind spending a little more. Plus, i could always add power to the n2 down the road if I wanted to.

It's really going to boil down to your enclosure and build overall. Look at it like you would compare the BL to a Gen2- it's going to be the same answer and there are dozens of "BTL vs BL" threads.

Personally I would buy the N2 with the intentions of getting a 2-2500w amp down the road for it.

Agreed. Think of the N2 as the older BTL. Application and use is the same.

Thanks,

Scott