Sign in to follow this  
Stupidkarma

Need an alternator quote

Right now i've got a phoenix gold 500.1d pushing an 18 fi q. Of course we're getting a new amp. We've got our minds set on an audioque 1500. But before that, we need a new alternator so thats where you guys come in. I got my alternator tested and i'm pulling 65-67 amps with bass up, hid highbeams on, ac full blast, and all at 1500rpm. So i just wanted to know which alternator we will be needing to get, and of course i'll do the big 3 after getting one of yall's alts.

He would forget to add the vehicle.. :)

Haha he and I are on the same team

It's his car however

It's the 2000 Toyota 4Runner :D

Thats what I get for answering on my iphone.. lol Didnt see the subtitle.. :) '96 4Runner has the 3.4L so we can do pretty much whatever you want in it.. You can run a 270XP if you want something that mean, and with a stock diameter pulley it will still do an HONEST 160 at idle hot.. We can also build a GM large case that is a direct bolt in (which I ran in my trucks at the time) but if you want really good idle output you have to run a small diameter pulley, which isn't exactly the best setup on that engine with the 4G pulley.. With a 2" diameter pulley, the most you'll ever see for alternator RPM's at idle is about 2000, so excellent LOW idle output is very important on these vehicles.. For choices though, it really boils down to what you want to spend because I could build 30 different alts for this truck... I had 7 different 3.4L V6 Taco's so I'm just a *little* familiar with these engines and I love working on them.. :D

not to threadjack, but Rob, can you please PM me a quote for a large case GM to fit a 97 4runner with the 3.4. i currently have a 300a large case gm iraggi in mine, and its doing just fine, just that my voltage sucks...i get about 13.3 hot...im looking for somthing in the 15v range hot if possible. i want max amperage, as i'm running 7k on 5 g31 batts. i'd also need to get a new regulator plug, as the alt from iraggi had me cut/splice a honda plug on with the alt. pm me a price for some of my options if possible. thanks!

Sign in to follow this