letssellrocks

Help picking out a system

Ok I've had subs before but nothing too fancy just some 12" kicker cvxs in a ported box and running a 1200W (i think) MTX amp. Well i sold that and now I want something new. I have a 2001 Hyundai Elantra and don't care about trunk space so if the subs take up the whole trunk so be it. The thing is my budget is $1000 and I don't want to upgrade my electrical or get very technical with my system. I listen to mainly electronic music (trance, house, etc..) and rap/hip hop once in a while. Now i've read here that if your going for a SQ setup your not going for loud. I understand this, but since I do listen to rap/hip hop does this mean I am not going to be able to enjoy the lows of this type of music? How loud will SQ subs get? I want my bass to be as clean and clear as possible and am not trying to just rattle the neighborhood but at the same time I do want my bass to get loud inside my car when I want it to. I'm not trying to impress anyone outside of the car or win any competitions I just want to be able to play my music with some extra bass without it overpowering the music. I like my bass to have a punch to it and be crisp and I do hear a lot of people with two 15"s that just rattle everything and thats not what I want. So does this sound like a SQ system that I am going for? I was looking at the Fi Qs but that's only because I assumed I was going for a SQ sub. It would be awesome if someone could school me on SQ though because like I said, im pretty new to this. Now once I get that established, what type of subs do you think would be best? 3 10"s, 2 12"s, 1 12", 1 15"? And what about ported vs sealed? Sorry for the book I just wrote here but I am pretty noobish when it comes to this and I don't want to just waste 1k on a system and be disappointed by it. Thanks for any help and advice you guys have. Oh and by the way, I already have aftermarket (Alpine) speakers and the wiring for the subs so all I really need is new subs, an amp (please suggest one) and a new head unit.

i hear ya, i wasnt looking for a competition setup, just something that makes the music more enjoyable, i listen to the same type of music but mostly rap/hip-hop

I did a lot of research and i came up with the BL instead of the Q... It sounds amazing and will be louder than the Q by a bit. I got 1 15" and it does the job. When i give a demo, let me tell you they are all in shock. I would say get a 12" or 15" BL with a box tuned to about 32-35 hz.

As for AMPS: I would recommend the aq1200d, as thats what i have and have no problems with it at all. Comes with a bass knob controllin the gains as well as clippin indicator which has not gone of yet :)

Im sure you will get plenty of opinions like audiopipe, sundown and what not, they all make great products i guess it just comes down to the power and money. BL with options can take about 1000 - 15000 RMS if done properly

HEADUNIT: I love my alpine CDA-105. Its got plenty of controls and like i said my amp has not clipped even on good volume.

once again you will get many different opinions.

Go with Fi, and you will not be throwin the money out the window

WTF. The exact same post in two different threads. This one is done. Don't ever do that again.