Sign in to follow this  
lightingman117

DCON enclosure build help

So, I bought 2 12" DCONs and I'm currently building the box according to SSA's . I was wondering how I should go about building the front. Some websites suggest countersinking the subs so they are flush. I'm wondering what the correct design is for the actual SSA tech drawing.

I'm sorry if this has been answered here before, I've searched and searched, but to no avail. I do plan on doing a build so that other people wont have much trouble.

Thanks,

Our drawing is a single baffle, so there is really no need for a flush mount unless you really like the look of it, or feel you need the added strength it will add. For DCON's though, you should be just fine with a single baffle.

So to clarify, the sub would mount on top of the baffle, as opposed to looking flushed.

Okay, thats what I thought at first, but got confused when I read on this site DIY audio that it causes disturbances in the frequency response. Now that I re-read again I think it may be talking about speakers and not necessarily subs. Thanks for all your help. Hey, I was wondering, got an eta on my subs? I'm just so excited :jump: wanna do this: :dance::djparty::woot: