bcst86

how much for a new dustcap?

alright. is it easy to take this one off and put a new one on? i have no idea how to do take apart or put together a speaker. ill google it i guess.

Peel it back with a razor blade, scuff up where the dustcap and cone meet, and glue the new one on with superglue or epoxy.

i guess there is a first time for everything. to bad its on something brand new. so i do this around the surround?

i guess there is a first time for everything. to bad its on something brand new. so i do this around the surround?

The dustcap attaches to the very edge of the cone, by where the surround attaches to the cone, scuff exactly where the dustcap falls on the cone

i dont know about this. i think im just gonna order a new one. maybe sell this one on here to someone who knows how to do it. my luck i will mess something up trying to fix it

It's a simple fix, maybe we can find someone here close to you to help, what part of Texas are you in?

down in college station. or sometimes in the dallas area

It's a simple fix, maybe we can find someone here close to you to help, what part of Texas are you in?

We have a lot of Texas members, hopefully one will chime in

what would be cool is to get one of those punisher ssa dust capes like i saw on a video on here......those were sick.

but i know i cant lol

Edited by bcst86

Nothing too horrible, it'll sound like your sub is weazing, and probably make the cracks bigger

hmm. i dont wanna risk anything. i have a buddy with a 10" kicker comp that said i can borrow it till i get mine back in. lol

hmm. i dont wanna risk anything. i have a buddy with a 10" kicker comp that said i can borrow it till i get mine back in. lol

We are going to ship you one. Simply send us an email to support@soundsolutionsaudio.com with your SSA shop order #. We'll get you the needed info and payment information from there.

We are going to ship you one. Simply send us an email to support@soundsolutionsaudio.com with your SSA shop order #. We'll get you the needed info and payment information from there.

my SSA shop order # from when i ordered the sub?

have been talking with mark, got the cracked dust cap off, now just gotta wait for the new one to get here. cant wait!!

i want to say thank you to everyone who has helped and put up with me through all of this. And i would like to apologize if i seemed like a dick, been a stressful week

SSA IS EFFIN AWESOME!!!!! :dancing:

dscn3393.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kinda messed up though

dscn3398n.jpg

Edited by bcst86

have been talking with mark, got the cracked dust cap off, now just gotta wait for the new one to get here. cant wait!!

i want to say thank you to everyone who has helped and put up with me through all of this. And i would like to apologize if i seemed like a dick, been a stressful week

SSA IS EFFIN AWESOME!!!!! :dancing:

glad everything was resolved :fing34:

has anyone ever gotten a dust cap? Just wondering how long it takes the build house to ship one out

has anyone ever gotten a dust cap? Just wondering how long it takes the build house to ship one out

They work in the order that orders come in.

so if there were subs ordered in front of the dustcap they will wait to build them before getting a easy dustcap out? i was though it would be something easy to get shipped out.

Their worK load is so high they normally don't have time to go digging through later orders, but you never know.

interesting. dont understand why they would make someone wait for something so easy to get out. but ok

interesting. dont understand why they would make someone wait for something so easy to get out. but ok

Maybe you are not understanding. They are extremely busy, running multiple shifts at times. They have to take orders as they come in. Due to their work load, they don't have the luxury to be sifting through orders to find one that might be quick and easy to do.

Maybe you are not understanding. They are extremely busy, running multiple shifts at times. They have to take orders as they come in. Due to their work load, they don't have the luxury to be sifting through orders to find one that might be quick and easy to do.

i understand completely that they are busy, but making someone possibly wait weeks for a dust cap is what i dont understand.

not was i was expecting with all the praise to the customer support.

i understand completely that they are busy, but making someone possibly wait weeks for a dust cap is what i dont understand.

not was i was expecting with all the praise to the customer support.

I underlined the important part. Never said it would take weeks either. Please don't direct the frustration of the damage done to your driver at us. Forcing the build house to go out of their routine has nothing to do with customer support. We put in the order, if they can get to it early, great, if not it will come out in the order it came in. The fact that I am on here trying to explain late on a Sunday night, is leaps and bounds more then what most everyone else does. We are with the best build house for a reason, quality always trumps speed in my opinion. Again, like I said above, if they can get to it ahead of normal order, great. But they are not going to answer the phone on the weekend.

It is the weekend too...