Sign in to follow this  
topgun

Now to completely switch gears......

I ocasionally like to PWN noobs. Or get PWNed. I don't have speakers on my PC and I now don't have the intention of putting any to it as I am networking it to my HT and eventually whole home.

Anyway, I want a headset. Comfort is #1, durrable and built well is #2. Sound quality must be great, but I'm not looking for music or movie depth, just extremely clear sound.

Plantronics 377 is the only one I have used personally. My roomate has it. It's ok for comfort, sounds ok, and since it's dirt cheep I might just get that one. It's a "bit" fragile though. It has been glued back together a couple times, and it's not put to abuse. He has put a few bajillion hours on them, but never beats them up. It's just made of brittle plastic.

I have seen 3 that I like on paper. Sennheisser 350, but it has a plastic/fake leather looking seal on the ear muff part and that blows. The Astro A40 looks to be top quality. Or lastly something from turtle beach, they also seam to get high comfort ratings.

Put in your .02 plz.

One of the grad students has a pilots license and his set runs about 350$ I believe. It is something in the mid range of sets, but it is still pretty darn nice.

Get something made for pilots?

LOL!

I didn't think of it, but I doubt sound clarity is all that awesome. They would be durable I bet. I wonder if they come in 3.5mm audio and mic?

:D