Sign in to follow this  
elfolo

Need good tweeters

I got this 1200 performance teknique amp that keep blowing my tweeters any sugestions please help :Doh:

turn it down?

I know that would help :lol2: but are there any good tweeters that can keep up with my 1200W amp :slayer:

1. i doubt its actually putting out 1200w

2. why would any one want 1200w on tweeters

3. i doubt any tweeter could handle 1200 real watts

turn it down?

I know that would help :lol2: but are there any good tweeters that can keep up with my 1200W amp :slayer:

1. i doubt its actually putting out 1200w

2. why would any one want 1200w on tweeters

3. i doubt any tweeter could handle 1200 real watts

Bud is that im hooking up my tweaters to my voice amp wich is the 1200 one and the tweeters were 350W each .

also check your crossover settings,

Bud is that im hooking up my tweaters to my voice amp wich is the 1200 one and the tweeters were 350W each .

i have no idea what your dribbling on about and tbh i dont think you know yourself either

so your running active, and you shouldnt need any more that 75wrms for tweeters

what else you running in your system

Your quoting bs paper numbers, according to the manufac that amp is 170x2@4Ohms or 80x4@4Ohms but most likely a less than that. How do you have things hooked up? Are you running through a passive crossover? What kind of tweets, actually what kind of components? Just guessing but I would say you are running one tweet to each of 2 channels and each mid to the other 2 channels and you probably have everything maxed, but that is just a guess.

work with your crossovers and your gain, I have CDt tw-24/lp1 for 55$ shipped that are good but you need to watch your gains on that, 70RMS is still alot on tweets, tweets need like 50 or less.