swagger_wagon468

Sundown 1500D or 2000D for 18" XCON D2?

11 members have voted

1. 1. 1500D or 2000D for 18"XCON D2? (1750RMS)

• saz-1500d
    • saz-2000d

(Any other amp brand as good and reputable as Sundown)

I listen to rap/hip-hop

It will be an optimal enclosure. (7-7.5ft^3) . Speaking if that... I need to get a design from someone.

goals to be very loud yet good quality. I may go to a comp later down the road.

Edited by swagger_wagon468

(Any other amp brand as good and reputable as Sundown)

I listen to rap/hip-hop

It will be an optimal enclosure. (7-7.5ft^3) . Speaking if that... I need to get a design from someone.

goals to be very loud yet good quality. I may go to a comp later down the road.

http://www.dldesignz.com/

Some drivers take more power to make them more "worth your while" then others. If I'm only driving down the block for groceries I don't need a ferrari so I'll buy a prius

This is the biggest mistake people make. You think because the RMS rating is higher, it needs more power?

I still saw the "Give it RMS" a few posts ago, lol.......

Some drivers take more power to make them more "worth your while" then others. If I'm only driving down the block for groceries I don't need a ferrari so I'll buy a prius

This is the biggest mistake people make. You think because the RMS rating is higher, it needs more power?

Are you an efficiency guy? ;)

And yes, RMS is not THE determining factor. Often stated by companies to give the consumer an idea of the coil's thermal ability. Obviously there are a ridiculous amount of variables that affect, well, everything.

OP seems to want to compete while retaining some "quality" (to me this starts with a flat response curve), thus compromise will be key here, especially when designing the enclosure.

I understand a higher rated rns driver can still play fine and be loud with WAY less then rated power. I understand that, but some drivers have stiff suspension and are made to outperform their counterparts ON more power.

For instance yes you could run a BTL on 500watts or 1000watts and it's going to sound good. But a BL on the same 500watts or 1000watts is likely to perform just as well. But once you throw 2kw to a BL and BTL then the BTL really shines.

So if your only gonna run 500watts or whatever then why spend all the money on a BTL when you could just get a BL...

At least this is what I always believed to be true. :ughdunno:

No see, this is where you aren't understanding how this works.

You take a BTL and give it 1 watt, it will be louder than any other FI sub with 1 watt.

The BTL has the highest RMS rating, but requires the least amount of power for comparable output.... But this is a dead horse at this point, some people get this, others will "Give it it's RMS".....

No see, this is where you aren't understanding how this works.

You take a BTL and give it 1 watt, it will be louder than any other FI sub with 1 watt.

The BTL has the highest RMS rating, but requires the least amount of power for comparable output.... But this is a dead horse at this point, some people get this, others will "Give it it's RMS".....

sleepwerd4.gif

Ok... so I found an audiobahn amp in the FS section... 1600wrms@1ohm. Variable Subsonic filter etc... I guess that would work then rift?...

What about the Audiopipe amps? Anyone use these before? Ebay has an 1800wrms one for$ 189shipped. So if some people have hadgood experience with them, then I might give it a shot.

Thanks

Have you checked out DB-r electronics they sell refurbished sundown amps. I hear the audio pipes give out rated at like 14v.

I had an audiobahn AW1300HCX once, never have owned a sundown amp.

I was perfectly happy with my audiobahn but even having never owned a sundown amp I feel comfortable in saying that the audiobahn isnt in the same league as the sundowns are...

Have you checked out DB-r electronics they sell refurbished sundown amps. I hear the audio pipes give out rated at like 14v.

rated at 14v? nvmd then. and i checked DB-r. and no SAZ-2000D's on there. and the 1500 is just about the same price as the 1500v.2 on here... any more suggestions are appriciated.

I had an audiobahn AW1300HCX once, never have owned a sundown amp.

I was perfectly happy with my audiobahn but even having never owned a sundown amp I feel comfortable in saying that the audiobahn isnt in the same league as the sundowns are...

yea. the one i was looking at didnt have a bass knob. and the knob is $70 !!! (off ebay.) so its a no-go

i hate making min. wage. :suicide-santa:

Check the specs at US Amps.com never trust them ebay specs. But yeah it has 6x30 amp fuses.

wow. specs are 900@2ohms. and 1800@10ohm. ebay said 1100@2ohms and 1500@1ohm. lol.

looks like a nice amp.

well im gonna start my Build Log. hopeing to get the front and rear stage in today. and the HU... but idk as this is my first install whatsoever. we will see. i tookeverything out of the back of my car already. 2nd and 3rd seat, all paneling. etc.

I really want to check out the new VLX amps, so I emailed US Amps recently and got this reply:

Aaron the VLX's have not even gone into production yet.

Greg Carolus

Technical Support and Production Manager.

US Amps/RE Audio

16269 Gale Ave.

City of Industry, CA 91745

TEL: 626-961-2726

FAX: 626-961-5461

Cell: 626-833-2177

www.usamps.com/www.reaudio.com

-----Original Message-----

From: Aaron H. Clinton [mailto:support@soundsolutionsaudio.com]

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 6:35 PM

To: Greg Carolus

Subject: VLX stock

Hello Greg,

Are the VLX 4D's in stock?

Thanks,

Aaron

I just got clarification back, it was only for the VLX4's that are not in production yet, the rest of the line is then. Mystery solved. :)