Sign in to follow this  
heritage755

Fi X 10's

So I just ordered two of these X 10's without really paying close attention. I have an Audiopipe APSM1300 amp that does 600@2ohm and 1000@1ohm. My question is are these subs maybe a little underrated because I've also read these amps might be a little overrated. I can always turn the gains and bass level down and go easy on the volume knob. Does this sound like it may work? I dont really have much more of a budget for subs. Im also not looking to be real loud.

Just set your gain on your amp by ear, and pay attention to signs of stress (heat on dustcap(will be warm, but shouldn't be burning hot), smell of voicecoil getting toasty, hear clipping. etc) if you feel their being stressed too much then lower the gain.

Always nice to have headroom :)

as long as your gains are set properly, they shouldn't have an issue running 1000 RMS, since they are dual 4's your options are 1 or 4 ohms. =) I run twice what my SSD's are rated for without a problem.

Edited by The SSD Madman

Thanks for the input. My X's will be here tomorrow and I need to start thinking about the box. If I went with a ported enclosure that would probably reduce the power handling ability of the subwoofers correct?

Sign in to follow this