eatmatkiller

wich fi sub should i buy ???

if you have good places to found H.O. alternator or on the net... ??? and how the sub was plugged, the amp i got the KAC-9105D has 2 speakers outpout, so i wire each pair to a voice coil. SO the amplifier should put out 500 Watts rms at 4 ohms so 250 watts rms per outpout and the sub was 300 watts rms per voice coil... ??? and tell me if i am right about the FI subs... : the DDS and the Q is more sound quality related and the BL and BTL is more about SPL... ???

Q is closer to sound quality than the SSD is. im still standing by the SSD. You can get the SSD and have some headroom on the amp. The only ways you can stop getting voltage drop is do the big 3, then a better battery, then a high output alternator. If it even needs to go that far. Get a dmm and check your voltage.

Well if you were wiring your subs to a (mono) block, and you wired it in parrallel then you wold be running your amp at 1 ohm, in series it would be at 4 ohms.

But yeah, go stick with the SSD/Q, it seems to fit you nicely

Thank you i appreciate about the time you are taking to help people on this forum... yes i resd about things like doing the big 3 that solve most of the time dimming lights problem... but where i am its quite pretty cold in winter, so for that i'll probably wait until the spring... or if i can do that in a warm place... (garage) There is something that i would like to know if i put a deep cycle battery like optima. kinetik or other ones like that in my trunk that the on ly thing that is plugged on it is my amplifier, and my amp is feeding my sub. The battery in the trunk, no alternator to recharge it, nothing else.... how much time can i expect that my sub will play... ??? cause i got a charger at home, so if i want i put the charger on the battery all the night and the next day its ready to bump again !!! One more thing yeah i still hesitate for the sub between the FI Q or the BL one and would like to know wich one is louder, that is the more bangin !

Edited by eatmatkiller

You should really put a run of 0 or 4 gauge wiring from the front batteries to the back battery.

It won't last very long if you figure out the amount of amps the amp will pull from the battery.

It needs a constant charge from an alternator when the car is on, like the front battery.

If you were to share the voltage between the battery, it would probably be alot better.

thank you manrossdamn, i think that i am going to do that, this is what i was thinking too sharing the power between the 2 batteries, i already have a 4ga wire that starts from the battery under the hood that goes to the trunk... : ) so i put one more bettery in the trunk relayed to the other battery, and will surely do a big 3 too, that would be helpfull ! while running on 2 batteries, my alternator will be working pretty tough all the time to recharge the 2 batteries... but ill work fine, if you told me... My car is 93 pontyiac grand-prix the v6 3.1l the oem alternator is just pushing 105AMP and i dont want to invest something like 5K $ because the age of my car ! thanks i think that i've found my setup... : )

Edited by eatmatkiller

And for you're equipments sake i would buy a voltage meter so u can keep you're eye on the voltage. ;) (costs about 30-40 dollar i think? maybe less)

And going below 12V isn't good. :P

Thank you kirill for your advice ! but i already got one in the dash, it is a 1993 car but came like that from factory ;) and the needle of the voltmeter was going crazy when there was strong bass punches... but the big 3 and a second battery in the trunk relay to it, it will be well... : ) Euh the wire that is already passed from the battery under the hood is a 4ga wire is it enough big like wire to relay the other battery in the trunk or should i passed a bigger wire... ???

Edited by eatmatkiller

For how much power you're running, you should be fine ;)

But if you have the money and time to upgrade to 2/0 or 1/0, then do it!

Big 3 in 1/0 gauge is a must.

Good luck :)