Texas

Replacing Speakers, what to choose?

I have a 2008 Mustang GT/CS that I'm in the process of installling a complete system in. I'm ordering either 1 or 2 12" SKAR audio VVX's pushed by a AP15001D, with a custom ported box for the lows.

I will be running my audio through a Pioneer AVHP3100DVD HU.

I want to replace the factory door speakers so that I have the ability for the sound to not get drowned out by the subs.

I'm not looking for the bentley of speakers, so I'm going to try and keep a budget of 500$ for a set of speakers for the doors and an amplifer.

Mounting location: Front Doors

Size: 6x8"

Power: In need of amp

Budget: 500$

I've never been in anyones car with a proper audio system so I have no refrences as to what sounds good or not. I want something that will allow

me to hear things I've been missing in songs.

- Also, is it worth upgrading the speakers in the rear deck? or is it obsolete since I sit in the front seat.

If I'm missing any necessary information let me know before bashing me.

Edited by Texas

I wouldn't bother with the rears. Check out the Bravox in the SSA store, i believe there is a deal with a comp. set and amp going on right now.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/categories/Speakers/

link to bravox, they're getting some pretty darn good reviews around here. Be sure to check them out. go to a local shop/show and try and listen to some stuff, see what you like.

I have seen the Bravox in the store, but I havent heard anything about them. They are reasonably priced which is a plus. Thanks for the suggestion

Does anyone have suggestions??

First, get a speaker adaption ring or make a MDF ring to house a 6.5 speaker, this will give you WAY more options. Second, i'd bother with the rears.

I've owned Alpine Type R's and they got loud as fuck and sounded nice doing so :) 140 shipped on eBay brand new in the box.

Bravox are nice supposedly, but i've never heard any.. owned a set though.

7" Carbon Fiber mids are nice too, i'm running active with them now.

RE XXX components are suppose to be good as well.

First, get a speaker adaption ring or make a MDF ring to house a 6.5 speaker, this will give you WAY more options. Second, i'd bother with the rears.

I've owned Alpine Type R's and they got loud as fuck and sounded nice doing so :) 140 shipped on eBay brand new in the box.

SO I should look at replacing the rear deck as well?

I've heard alot of good things about the Bravox speakers and have been seriously considering getting a pair.

I dont want to go with RE audio, at all.

What should I be looking at amp wise for powering a set of the type R's ?

I don't remember if you changed the exhaust or not, but personally I'd throw a decent set of coaxials in there and forget it.

I don't remember if you changed the exhaust or not, but personally I'd throw a decent set of coaxials in there and forget it.

Yeah I've changed the exhaust, I'm running close to straight pipes past the cats so Its loud as hell.

Throw Coaxials in the rear deck?

brovox or cresendo comps

I'll look into them, do you have any experience with either?

Yeah I've changed the exhaust, I'm running close to straight pipes past the cats so Its loud as hell.

I've never used rear speakers, but if you find yourself wanting them, I'd just stick with the factory stuff in the rear. I wouldn't go crazy on this as I know how hard it is to make a loud car sound good, hence my suggestion for simple coaxials.

I had straight pipes back to Flowmaster 2 chambers on my Cobra and I spent a considerable amount of time and quality components on the audio side to only realize I could never compete with the exhaust.

Thanks for mentioning that, because before I wouldnt have even thought to factor in the sound of the car. I think I will just go with the Bravos 60's since there not a huge chunk of money and people here seem to have rave reviews of them.

I've never used rear speakers, but if you find yourself wanting them, I'd just stick with the factory stuff in the rear. I wouldn't go crazy on this as I know how hard it is to make a loud car sound good, hence my suggestion for simple coaxials.

I had straight pipes back to Flowmaster 2 chambers on my Cobra and I spent a considerable amount of time and quality components on the audio side to only realize I could never compete with the exhaust.

SO I should look at replacing the rear deck as well?

I've heard alot of good things about the Bravox speakers and have been seriously considering getting a pair.

I dont want to go with RE audio, at all.

What should I be looking at amp wise for powering a set of the type R's ?

My opinion yes, look into the rears.

I used a PDX series amp from them, they're so small and i loved it.

Bravoxs should not let you down.