nick_19

Angled baffle -- need some insight

I'm designing a new box and have a sort of kink in my design. I'm looking to do a baffle with a 30 degree angle in it. Now the issue with this that I do not know the clearance for the sub since it will be angled downwards. It is a 15" Havoc (standard basket), and I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas about the clearance. I basically need to know how far above the bottom of the baffle the sub needs to be to clear the bottom piece. Thanks!

Geometry doesn't change because there is an angle. The measurement stays the same, just from the baffle which happens to not be parallel to the back.

I think you may have misunderstood what I was asking. I am worried about the red area in this picture:

Untitled.png

I just worry about clearance because of the angle. I am not very good at wording this type of thing.

Edited by nick_19

He knew what you were talking about. The best answer that can be given is the one you have given yourself. Take some measurements on the driver and get a ruler and a straightedge and draw it out. That's the way to know for sure. Don't forget the thickness of the bottom baffle.

Yes, measure FROM the angle at the location where the magnet is. The sub height is obviously a constant. :)

Ohhhh ok gotcha. I just misread; my bad. Ok I guess I need to just suck it up and get to some measuring. Thanks!