Sign in to follow this  
haydenlake

T-Line in HT my 1st try PICS!

So a few months ago I built a ported box for my HT with an IDmax at 3.2 cubes plenty of bracing and tuned to 27. Although it is plenty loud I find it quite boomy. If I'm listening to music that doesn't have much below low 30's it sounds fine, but on Hip hop and rap it just slams from 26-34ish like holy hell.

I finally broke down and bought a table saw. Holy..akdkdfd its nice having a good saw (550 for Delta contranctor 680, that lists for 720 so I didn't do too bad.

anyway here is a t-line (or part of one that I put together last night, I'll try to keep updating pics.

Assuming line length is nearly doubled when fully stuffed, tapering from 2sd to .95sd. around 7.3 cubes net after bracing and the walls etc.

any advice, helpful hints etc.

I haven't heard it yet, the glue is still drying, but I can't wait. I put in 5lbs of stuffing. Might even put my Rl-p in there. I just listened to my rlp last night in my home and it sounds sweet, it totally blends with the mids unlike my max in that big ported box. I didn't think one rlp in a cube sealed would be enough but its actually quite loud.

Edited by haydenlake

So a few months ago I built a ported box for my HT with an IDmax at 3.2 cubes plenty of bracing and tuned to 27. Although it is plenty loud I find it quite boomy. If I'm listening to music that doesn't have much below low 30's it sounds fine, but on Hip hop and rap it just slams from 26-34ish like holy hell.

I finally broke down and bought a table saw. Holy..akdkdfd its nice having a good saw (550 for Delta contranctor 680, that lists for 720 so I didn't do too bad.

anyway here is a t-line (or part of one that I put together last night, I'll try to keep updating pics.

Assuming line length is nearly doubled when fully stuffed, tapering from 2sd to .95sd. around 7.3 cubes net after bracing and the walls etc.

any advice, helpful hints etc.

I haven't heard it yet, the glue is still drying, but I can't wait. I put in 5lbs of stuffing. Might even put my Rl-p in there. I just listened to my rlp last night in my home and it sounds sweet, it totally blends with the mids unlike my max in that big ported box. I didn't think one rlp in a cube sealed would be enough but its actually quite loud.

Note that the white box above is my ported box not the new t-line. I just hooked it up and my first impressions are very posistive. It's more efficient than the ported box, louder overall, and has far better range down low as well as up high (I have tried the crossover at 60, 80 and 100) 80 sounds about right. The higher extentions sound great (and loud) in this box whereas in the ported box they were quite and missing.

Although it was a bit harder to design I don't think people should afraid of making a t-line.

When I run freq. sweeps from my signal generator it looks like the box is tuned at 19 (meaning the port gets loud and the woofer stop moving as much). and also at 31hz. I don't know if this is a diff fundamental or something but seeing how I can't hear 19 that well its hard to tell where its tuned. Any thing around 30 slams (this seems to be a theme maybe its the driver or the room).

later,

b

Wonderful craftsmanship!

damn nice work,

95stroked1500, thats what I want to do with an RL-i 8 when they come back

damn nice work,

95stroked1500, thats what I want to do with an RL-i 8 when they come back

I'm wondering about woofer position in relation to TL's. the enclosure I made (the first few pics) the woof is mounted in the front and the port is in the front too. In 95stroked his is similar but one less bend. If I put the sub in like his was in, but in my enclosure (if i build another one) (mosty for a car so the sub is protected) would the waves cancel or anything like that. I just don't know. I think the 3 bend idea with a port in the position like95's would be sweet for a car.

later,

b