Slumpin

ported box in trans am for 2 12's doable?

well i've gotten used to the sealed box, wanting a little more output so i think im going to tackle a ported box. i have some generic plans, another person from another forum is building this box for his solobarics.

the outer dimensions would be basically the same, but i'm not sure about the port. i think i want it to fire upwards. heres the link to the plans. also, i've never built a ported box, could someone explain to me why its in square inches? thats the surface area of the inside of the port right?

i would like to tune the box to around 30 hz, no higher than 32, any suggestions for the port?

http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php...threadid=327887

scroll down to the second set of plans he did, about 1/3 of the way down the page.

Edited by Slumpin

i think they will work if u go common chamber with a brace, and a shared port. tune in the 32hz area.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

this thread is still ongoing, hes posted another 2 designs for different ports, the rest of the box stays the same. any thoughts on which port design might sound best, or other advise for tackling a project like this?

personally, i'd use his dimensions, minus the individual chambers. i would run a 4" aeroport for each twelve (or a single 6" aeroport). and aim it up with the subs. i'd also tune in the 32-34hz range.

what is the net volume he's getting? so we can figure a port length.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: