Sign in to follow this  
Hzd Skizzy

Electrical Setup

Right now I have an saz-2500d and I am getting the electrical to power it sufficeintly.

As for batteries, the one I have now is a perfectly fine battery, I do not know what kind of amperage its putting out but it is a stock carquest battery and rests at 12.5. Car on, I rest at 14.0-.1.

I plan on doing...

Excessive Amperage 200 amp Alternator

Big 3

And a bettery for the rear (Possibly Deka intimidator 9A31)

My question is on batteries...

I don't want to spend a load of money on batteries so I'm wondering if a stock battery and 1 rear would be okay.

Another thing is..

If my stock battery rests differently then my extra battery would that be okay, or what part would I need to fix that difference in voltage.

I'm hoping that with the alternator and 1 Starter and 1 Extra battery and Big 3 I should be okay to power my saz-2500d without much voltage drop.

Thanks in advance.

Ideally you will want 2 of the same AGM bats not a a lead acid and an AGM. They will discharge each other as they wont float the same, but that should still be fine unless the car sits for long periods.

You might be fine with just that alt and the deka. Will a group 31 fit under your hood?

I have ran more with less in the past.

Ideally you will want 2 of the same AGM bats not a a lead acid and an AGM. They will discharge each other as they wont float the same, but that should still be fine unless the car sits for long periods.

You might be fine with just that alt and the deka. Will a group 31 fit under your hood?

I have ran more with less in the past.

I see what you mean.

I mean, my car sits at night then I drive it in the day, unless I leave my car at home for a vacation then it won't sit longer than that.

I took measurments of the battery holder and it seems a bit small for a group 31 but when it's light out ill go measure more precisely and see if I can.

So what your saying is I should just be fine with the alt and the deka (if it fits).

Thanks.

A good rule of thumb is not to mix battery manufactures. If you need to you should get a battery isolator/relay.