sgreer5

Help with the FI Q 12

Hey guys im new to this site so im not sure if im doing this right haha. But anyways, my problem: I currently have 2 Kicker CVR 10's in a prefab ported box running off a 500rms monoblock MTX amp. Im selling this setup to a freind of mine and getting something alot nicer. I am leaning extremely hard towards getting a FI Q 12 built with a cooling system, QTS, and the extra spider installed. I plan on buying a Rockford Fosgate r1000-1d to power the Q. I want to go sealed because I really want this new system to be towards sound quality. I was thinking of a 1.0 cu sealed box or something around that area. I do not have a ton of extra money laying around so before I go spending 700+ on a new system I wanted to know if you guys had any suggestions about my setup. Does my FI Q sound like I built it correctly for SQ? Is that box choice wise? Anybody have experience with the RF 1000-1d? Thanks so much!

Do not get the extra spider for sealed or SQ apps. Only for higher power daily ported applications where people need a little more durability.

1 cuft after driver works well (around 1.2 cuft). After break in it smooths out and the low end becomes more pronounced as well. You can always tweak things a little with some poly fill (up to 1 lbs per cuft of enclosure) loosely fluffed.

Thanks,

Scott

What are your goals for this system? What does sound quality mean to you? You can still achieve great sound quality with a proper ported enclosure IMO...

Yes the Q is a SQ subwoofer, if that is what you are asking.

What are your goals for this system? What does sound quality mean to you? You can still achieve great sound quality with a proper ported enclosure IMO...

Yes the Q is a SQ subwoofer, if that is what you are asking.

Im not quite sure this is an intelligent answer but when I say sound quality i mean i want my woofer to have an amazing range from highs to lows. From my reasearch it is my understanding that the Q can handle the lows great but my question is about can it handle the higher range as well? And Scott, i have seen that polyfill and I will check into that before I install. Thanks guys

Well, a subwoofer by definition is designed for 20-80Hz.

Anything higher then that is handled by midwoofers etc.

Well, a subwoofer by definition is designed for 20-80Hz.

Anything higher then that is handled by midwoofers etc.

I understand that, I was referring to the higher bass notes. For instance, my CVRs currently hit pretty deep and are fairlly loud. However the highs are lacking a bit. For my Q, I just wanted to know if using a sealed enclosure would solve this problem? And to those who say I can use ported, what would my port be tuned to and box volume be to maximize range.

And only get high qts if you plan on a sealed box

edit: nvm I fail at reading

Edited by Bobobass