tommyjiggallow

Just bought a pair of Ascendant Audio 7" mids

Hey guys. I just purchased the 7" Ascendant mids. Hopefully in a few days I will get them and post pics for you all to see.Thanks Bkolfo4 for the sale and customer services. :)

Carbon fiber, $140

do they still sell poly? I had four of the 1st run but they had a tinsel slap issue on the 1st batch, I took the hit on restocking fee. Now I need 10 polymids for my HT if theyre still dirt cheap like they were when they came out.

Will you be running them with the Diamond Audio D3 500.4?

Edited by kryptonitewhite

do they still sell poly? I had four of the 1st run but they had a tinsel slap issue on the 1st batch, I took the hit on restocking fee. Now I need 10 polymids for my HT if theyre still dirt cheap like they were when they came out.

Will you be running them with the Diamond Audio D3 500.4?

I dont think they sell the poly anymore, I can find out for you though. I will probably get the Diamond Audio D6 700.4 or 2. I'm going to use the d3 for the midrange speakers which are the d6 5x7 speakers. I'm still debating if I should get some 5.25 speakers or just keep the ones I have now, maybe even a 6.5, not sure yet.

I PMed Brian about 3 hours before you started your thread, put a smile on my face to see it :)

So no tweeters to go with them, your current coaxial/components will cover that... you must just be adding more midbass?

Poly's are long gone..

Carbons are pretty much gone as well for a few months...gained a lot of popularity and sold out of them.

I PMed Brian about 3 hours before you started your thread, put a smile on my face to see it :)

So no tweeters to go with them, your current coaxial/components will cover that... you must just be adding more midbass?

Well the D6 components have tweeters that sounds good, I have the components in the front, was also debating if I should switch out my tweeters but they sound fine. but yes the d6 lack midbass so thats why I'm adding the 7" to my current setup to see if I want to do a complete front stage upgrade. We shall see soon.

Poly's are long gone..

Carbons are pretty much gone as well for a few months...gained a lot of popularity and sold out of them.

Thanks Steve Meade? lol

Poly's are long gone..

Thanks Steve Meade? lol

I know they got some more in recently.

Carbon fiber, $140

Is that for each or the pair?

^^^^Thats for the pair shipped to his residence.

If anybody is interested in trying these out I have one extra 7'' AA Carbon speaker that I will sell to someone so they can see if thats what they want. Pm me

I wish the Exodus Anarchy was available in 4ohm. My Extremis take an insane amount of power and still want more. I usually have them 80Hz-710Hz 36dB/oct but sometimes for fun I'll go down as far as 28Hz. The Extremis, SDX7, and poly mid are all pretty similar... never got to hear the Mpyer though. Ive never gotten to hear anything split coil like the carbons or XXX.

Edited by kryptonitewhite