Sign in to follow this  
snmont01

2 btl 12 amp help

I'm looking at the btl series and I need ideas of an amp that would power two of these for the least amount of coin possible? Any ideas?

Refurbished amps from db-r are always a good deal

Crescendo 3kwp..

Buy second hand.. always good prices..

although we have no budget, electrical system, and any after market stuff you have..

List that and we can help you better... do you have the electrical to support a large current draw? aka High output alternator, batteries, big 3, and runs of large gauge wire?

I have the big 3 with 1 gauge wire and an extra marine battery. No ho alternator yet though. All will be 1 ga wire

You should definitely invest in a high output alternator before buying drivers like the btls. They require extreme amounts of power and you do not want to strain your electrical. If you do not have the budget for a ho alternator you may want to look at less powerful drivers. You would also save some money on an amp if you plan to go with less power. If you are set on the btls, you should search the classifieds for some good used amps. And, like Julian said, db-r electronics usually has some good deals on used amps.

You should definitely invest in a high output alternator before buying drivers like the btls. They require extreme amounts of power and you do not want to strain your electrical. If you do not have the budget for a ho alternator you may want to look at less powerful drivers. You would also save some money on an amp if you plan to go with less power. If you are set on the btls, you should search the classifieds for some good used amps. And, like Julian said, db-r electronics usually has some good deals on used amps.

Couldn't be more wrong....

They don't need a ton of power, in fact they "need" less power than just about any other driver out there.

Buy what you can afford. As mentioned, used will get you more for the money....

First post a budget and then decide on what size box you will use for these drivers, then decide on an amplifier last.

I had a pair of these in a Superbass Probox. Had two hifonics 2500w monoblocks and 2 yellow top batteries for power. No alt upgrade. Hifonics amps are pretty decent bang for your buck. Some people may not agree, but I had both of them at .7 ohm and they did well.

Sign in to follow this