Sign in to follow this  
kryptonitewhite

1000-1500 watt plate amp/pro audio cheap?

A really nice kid that comes to my town once in a while to check out my van build has a school dance coming up and wants to borrow one of my EP4000s to run off his old receiver that has no crossover. He's running a car audio sub, I think it's a 15" Shocker Sig I'll make sure tomorrow, probably in a car audio box built to spec, going to guess 4-6 cubes tuned around 33Hz...I'll verify that as well. I trust the guy and he's really cool, but I don't ever move my amps...I dont ever fiddle with them...I dont want anything happening to them. My girlfriend, her son, and I use the stereo round the clock. I'd really like to come up with a VERY cheap alternative if possible and try to talk him into it.

I'd like to think there's good used equip for a rasonable price, and I'd guess anything over 1000 watts would be overkill though it's probably a "high powered SPL/daily ground pounder" sub. A LP crossover and HP would be preffered, but I don't have/run a HP on mine and I use my receivers LFE LP, he plans on either finding his own LP or running without as his old receiver doesnt have a crossover.

Any suggestions? Dance is at the beginning of february so something attainable within a couple weeks.

Thanks for any help guys!