Sign in to follow this  
manrossdamn

Alpine KTP-445

My friend was looking at simply buying one of these in order to recieve "more" power to his speakers.

He has a 4 channel Polk Audio amp in the back, that is running a 12 bridged off of two channels, and the other 2 channels are hooked onto some random 6x9's he has.

The amp is 800 watts x 4 channels at 4 ohms.

I told him, that I have a amp he could buy for the sub itself, and use the amp for his front and rear stages.

He has a H/O Alt on a 1988 Camaro with a red-top ultima battery.

Do you think it would be worth spending about a hundred and twenty dollars to buy this "power brick"? Or to just simply use his 4 channel amp.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ktp-445

Thanks

I've used one, it's definitely better then stock power, but isn't comparable to a small decent mids/highs amp.

Thanks.

I've been telling him, just hook up the other speakers to the amp, but he doesn't want to deal with the wires.

Thanks.

I've been telling him, just hook up the other speakers to the amp, but he doesn't want to deal with the wires.

I'll sell him mine if he wants? :P

Well than, we might be able to work something out! :P

I'll talk to him about it

Cheapest I found it is at sonic electronix for $110, I'll sell it $50shipped, only two months old.

Any how, good day! :)

Who!

What a nice price!

Alrighty, I think I'll go ahead and call him now :D

They work great when using in installs where space is a huge concern like in a motorcycle faring, but if you have the room and ability, I'd go with a real power amplifier. An amp is going to have more flexibility and power for a little more money and a little more work.

Just my two cents though.

They work great when using in installs where space is a huge concern like in a motorcycle faring, but if you have the room and ability, I'd go with a real power amplifier. An amp is going to have more flexibility and power for a little more money and a little more work.

Just my two cents though.

Agreed. I went from being able to turn my volume up to 20, to 25, and the headunit goes to 35. (kinda vague, but you get the idea).