Sign in to follow this  
MikeMartel

Hifonics, Hfi or Brutus series?

I'm thinking about buying a Fi Btl N2 and I was looking at amps and it seems like hifonics is a good brand from what I have seen and read.

I was just wondering wether I should get the brutus or the hfi series. I need to run around 2000 watts. Both the Hfi and Brutus amps are class D and say they are used for subs. So I was just curious on what your opinions are.

There are much better options out there if you have the money. What is your budget? Or are you stuck on hifonics?

Well. I have been trying my own research but I'm having trouble finding something I like, if you want to just give me a list if a few good amp companies that would be helpful. I just know I can get a really good price on hifonics.

Edited by MikeMartel

Audioque makes great amps, maybe the best for your money. Their 2200 is $389 straight from the manufacturer.

Other good amp companies:

Sundown

Incriminator

Rockford Fosgate (be aware that their amps have a set subsonic filter)

Digital Designs

DC Audio

About all i can think of right now.

Audioque would be you're best bet for the budget.

But hifonics aren't 'good' amps, they are 'ok' amps. :) (and if u wanted to choose hifonics atleast choose brutus series.)

You can always look through the classifieds for a good used amp. Maxxsonics seem to have a hit or miss product within their lineups. Brutus line seem to be ok though.

Members here on the forum have had good luck with Audiopipe.

i personally have used an audiopipe 1500d and it wasnt bad at all, wouldnt hesitate to buy another. sells for about 150-160 on ebay. decent amp for sure. although a little less power than your looking for. others here seem to like audioque for the price. sundown would be even better but at a little higher price. alot of people use hifonics amp's too but from just hanging around here for a while reading misc posts it would be at the bottom of my list of amps i would run.