SQ Best of Show

Lance Wayne

2 Death Penalty 21's

Street 5 - 148.1 dB - 2nd Place

Will Montlo

1 Warden 21

Modified 3 - 149.0 - 4th place

Edited by IA2

Chris, I edited your post to show Steve Cook running Flatlyne 18's....just so you know :)

Wow, IA FTW! That is a lot of places! BTW, I didn't know that Flatlynes were available in 18's ;)

Wow, IA FTW! That is a lot of places! BTW, I didn't know that Flatlynes were available in 18's ;)

Me neither. But hey when you work with a company like IA who builds their products in house, custom built subs can be done.

Me neither. But hey when you work with a company like IA who builds their products in house, custom built subs can be done.

Yes, very true! :fing34: I am curious to have seen/heard how they sounded and the power/enclosure details.

Yes, very true! :fing34: I am curious to have seen/heard how they sounded and the power/enclosure details.

I know Steve Cook's Avalanche took SQ Best in Show @ Finals in 2008. I have heard the truck. I sounds awesome and is very dynamic. The subs are very accurate for being 18's.

I know Steve Cook's Avalanche took SQ Best in Show @ Finals in 2008. I have heard the truck. I sounds awesome and is very dynamic. The subs are very accurate for being 18's.

Sounds impressive, I think I've heard of these drivers used so many type of enclosures, to include IB

This is some of the results from competitors who were using IA porducts

Darren Musick

2 Warden 15's powered by 2 40.1's

Amatuer Street 3 - 146.3 dB - 1st Place

Please forgive me because I do not know much about Meca comps, but doesn't this seem like a pretty low score for such a potent setup? I guess I just thought 2 warden 15's and 2 40.1's would have a better showing.

Darren Musick

Please forgive me because I do not know much about Meca comps, but doesn't this seem like a pretty low score for such a potent setup? I guess I just thought 2 warden 15's and 2 40.1's would have a better showing.

Amateur street 3 check the rule book. That will probably tell you some of the reason why. He has to have some pretty small fusing to run those two amps and subs to combine his score low enough to be in amature street. Also only two layers of deadner. Bunch of stuff to take into consideration. But also amature street means it's your first season too. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. I'm still very new to meca and competing

Darren Musick

Amateur street 3 check the rule book. That will probably tell you some of the reason why. He has to have some pretty small fusing to run those two amps and subs to combine his score low enough to be in amature street. Also only two layers of deadner. Bunch of stuff to take into consideration. But also amature street means it's your first season too. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. I'm still very new to meca and competing

You are correct. The testing is done with the vehicle off with only 2 batteries that may contain no higher CCA rating than 1200 a piece. The vehicle is a full size Ford Bronco with the install located in the rear cargo area. The vehicle is only allowed to use 2 80 amp ANL fuses. I believe the install is capable of a lot more, just the competitor is as said before a 1st year competitor and still learning the vehicle. Also the score is taken from playing a musical track as required by MECA AS3 competitors. The vehicle also peaks a 32 hz.