About 2 years ago I removed a system that was "blown" for a guy and put his headunit in his new car--loose wires the only problem. For payment he gave me his blown amp and two kicker subs. I sold the subs cheap to a buddy and kept the amp. Since my car is mostly done I thought I would put something in the truck. I was wondering if any of you had heard anything about the amp. All I found is a random post saying it is 40x4 + 80wx1 or 80wx3 (@4ohm).

I would like to use it to power my fronts and my sub. I have not selected a sub to use yet.

The appealing part of it is that it looks like it is truly class A. I didn't notice this until today when I started to look online to find info on it, but right on the front it says:

Non NFB/Non Switching Class A Amp

So if anyone knows if the power is right and if I can run it down to 1 ohm (might do a pair of 8's under the rear seat) that is mostly what I am looking for. It seems like this is an old SQ relic, but maybe just a POS that someone liked somewhere.

Any thoughts? Here is a link to pics (not mine)

http://members.shaw.ca/deepimage/

I could just throw it out then...

Nah, I'll come get it for $10.

Really though, PM Hammer, he will know.

Will try, thought since he had a whopping 12 posts in a year he might not answer. If not, I guess I will hook it up and see

DOH!!! Didn't see he was registered here! I thought he was only on CAF, posted on Halloween last here instead of '04.

DOH!!! Didn't see he was registered here!  I thought he was only on CAF, posted on Halloween last here instead of '04.

I see him on SIN and here most often.

Thanks, he replied here to my PM and was nice enough to go and look for an old brochure that he has which hopefully I will have soon. Thanks for the help guys.