Sign in to follow this  
realrich159

Fi Bl 12 port location

hello guys, ive been a member for a while and have read tons of information on the Fi Bl and im ready to pull the trigger on one, but im stuck with one question.

I've viewed the cut sheets that are located as a pinned topic, but i was wondering if i could make a slight modification. Since i will be building the box as a center console in my crew cab truck, i will be downfiring the sub and wanted to move the port to the side firing forward. The only reference i can think of on how i want the box to look is like the DD high efficiency box with the side port. Now my question is, am i correct to think that it will be fine and that all i need to make sure is that the port length is still 33 9/16" with a port area of 3 x 12 sqin?

thank you gentleman for your time.

As long as there is nothing obstructing just outside the port, the box volume is the same, and the port dimensions are the same, it will work just fine and the specs will be the same as listed.

honestly it will sound better with the port loading off the side... twored the door or anything else... when you fire into open space.. you may think it will be louder.. but thats not always true...

honestly it will sound better with the port loading off the side... twored the door or anything else... when you fire into open space.. you may think it will be louder.. but thats not always true...

so lets say i leave the box design as it is, and place the sub on the "bottom" of the box and fire the port towards the passenger door. you believe thatll sound btr??

personally i do.... get with a member in Houston by the name of Steve mead (not meade) he has on going build in pick ups, we were just talking about this the other day,

personally i do.... get with a member in Houston by the name of Steve mead (not meade) he has on going build in pick ups, we were just talking about this the other day,

lol i thought u meant meade at first.. anyways cool man i try to find him on here.. thank u bro

As long as there is nothing obstructing just outside the port, the box volume is the same, and the port dimensions are the same, it will work just fine and the specs will be the same as listed.

thanks for ur quick reply also. any help is welcomed.

also had another quick question, since i will be downfiring the sub, i how much clearance should i leave from the baffle to the floor, or from the woofer to the floor?

Sign in to follow this