Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

2nd SWVA TeamSSAudio meet

unfortunately i wont be able to make it to daves house for the game. i have to work, but i am scheduled to be in our sports grille, not subway...so ill be getting paid to watch the game :P oh and i left my long phillips head screw driver at daves house :Doh:

unfortunately i wont be able to make it to daves house for the game.

all who left early missed SNOTS the cat, have another sneezing attack and fall off the boxes in the process

One side note:

a brand new 100' roll of 14 guage speaker wire that I bought yesterday (thanks jim for picking it up for me) seems to have disappeared from Daves house, just wondering if anyone saw it...!!

never saw it...

i figured jim was gonna take it back to lowes?

Nope...

I dropped off the two rolls next to the sled when I got back, didn't see them for the rest of the day.

I'm cleaning out the van today, if I end up finding it by chance I'll send it up...but I doubt it.

I picked up the one roll, wired the entire car with less than a foot to spare and never saw the second roll, oh well that is a stinker, hey but atleast the wiring is done,

BUT as of last night on the way home from work, THANKFULLY AFTER I HAD LEFT THE BASE!!!

I rolled down my window with the HU on and at about 3/4 of the way down the track, there came a noise I will NEVER forget, a screek that scared the crap out of me, which seemed to act as if the gains were full blast,

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

until I was able to slow my heart beat and fire a finger point at the power button, I pulled over and rolled the window up and checked for any quater spots, luckily none, then turned the system back on and now there is alternator noise in the sound, DAMN IT!!!!,

started to roll the window back down to make sure that was the source of the probelm and once again..

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

so since I need to take the doors back off and UNwire all of the drivers, I can try to find out where there is some contact of sorts,

so once again I am back to no audio, oh well, but during the return trip from the meet, I was able to fiddle a little with the settings and get the sound a little closer to what I like, I am not sure how to explain how it sounds now, but the sound stage is very narrow, almost to the point of sounding hallow, I had not fugired that it would be that way with so many speakers, but I will have to keep testing, damn I need a 2nd set of ears to help tweak this bastard

so are you hearing electrical noise when you roll the window down, or mechanical scraping?

so are you hearing electrical noise when you roll the window down, or mechanical scraping?

now there is noise coming through the system regardless of the window position, which leads me to believe that when I first droped the window, it severed a speaker wire or stripped its casing off :huh2:

this project has not gone smoothly to say the least

:coffee:

One side note:

a brand new 100' roll of 14 guage speaker wire that I bought yesterday (thanks jim for picking it up for me) seems to have disappeared from Daves house, just wondering if anyone saw it...!!

Last I remember seeing the second roll, it was laying in Dave's front yard with your clothes.

One side note:

Last I remember seeing the second roll, it was laying in Dave's front yard with your clothes.

:+1:

Rip it apart, it'll be easier to fix than you're making it out to be.

and lets see some more pics with them vinyl'd

Rip it apart, it'll be easier to fix than you're making it out to be. 

and lets see some more pics with them vinyl'd

you missed all the fun on sunday

I assure you, i did not miss all the fun :) I might try to head over to dave's a bit early on this sunday and try to deaden a little before the bowl. That is if i don't have to work.

who's the guy standing beside webster??

Jim^2

oh and Ryan I know you like those MBQ crossovers ;)

missingwire6hw.jpg