Sign in to follow this  
kulynyak

problem with spider btl

hi.. i was bought one fi 15'' btl before 1 week. today i unscrewed it to see how it is.. and i see the spider had a cleft.. can somebody tell me, it is serious and how can i fix it? thank youiphone036r.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's what happens when you play below port tuning with an inadequate subsonic filter...or none at all..

Which is why that biiiiiiiiiiiiiig sticker on the box explains that you must have one and set it properly...and in the tech section..and in this video.

Adjust your filter, or get one and set it up properly. Play it until it breaks and then get a recone.

sorry.. i dont understand wery well the video.. i dont now wely well the english.. i have amp the formula-x 4000 the subsonic is to 30hz and the bassboost zero.. if I sew the vent will be better??

No you can not sew it back together.

Your subsonic filter is probably off..the silk screen on the amplifier is a joke at best for a reference point.

JL audio explained this years ago in the 1000/1 series that the "25Hz" screen print on the amplifier with the gain pot all the way to the left is actually 16Hz...the "50Hz" screen print is actually 62 or 65Hz..

The only way to set it properly is either with a tone CD and/or a scope to see if the filter is actually doing its job and filtering the low frequencies out.

Gotta thank korean/chinese amp manufacturers in putting in "equivalent parts" meaning that if the person who is buying the amps from them and branding them specs a 2% variant part..they do not know if it is 2% variance or not..

It could be 25-30% variance..which would throw the screen print on the amplifier off by upwards of 30-40Hz.

yep mine did the same thing.. and was told the same thing, whats funny that it only does it on Fi spiders.. i had a pioneer SPL 8000 and was playin 15 hz thru it on 6k in a box that was tuned around 32 and the spider on it never once split :ughdunno:

and i never played anything low thru my Fi subs hell i think i could of played some good ole classic rock and it would of still done it..

hi.. i was bought one fi 15'' btl before 1 week. today i unscrewed it to see how it is.. and i see the spider had a cleft.. can somebody tell me, it is serious and how can i fix it? thank youiphone036r.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it has 5 spiders 1 down 4 to go beat on... no repairing now just gotta wait till the rest of em go.. then get a recone

yep mine did the same thing.. and was told the same thing, whats funny that it only does it on Fi spiders.. i had a pioneer SPL 8000 and was playin 15 hz thru it on 6k in a box that was tuned around 32 and the spider on it never once split :ughdunno:

and i never played anything low thru my Fi subs hell i think i could of played some good ole classic rock and it would of still done it..

That pioneer SPL 8000 also does not have enough coil to move it past the mechanical limitations of the spiders either.

They also..don't have 28mm of 1 way linear travel :). We can easily stop this by shortening the coils and gap heights up and killing excursion, that's not a problem. However..

We tell everybody..you HAVE to have a subsonic filter and it HAS to be set right..or you WILL break your sub.

Having a high excursion sub is like having a factory built race car...if you can not handle it and drive it into a wall and bend the front end of it up..that is your fault. Not fords..

It's not their responsibility to give you a competency test to see if you can drive it or not..that's why there are organizations like NHRA, to keep people who can not drive fast cars off of the track.

:morepower1:

Edited by NDMstang65

Since Nick is hell bent on Fords. I just though I'd post an example of what happens when you don't bother learning how to use what you just bought.

cfa59c5a.jpg

Enjoy.

That is heart breaking.

That is heart breaking.

Just like finding out the Easter Bunny isn't real. :peepwall:

That is heart breaking.

Just like finding out the Easter Bunny isn't real. :peepwall:

hahah lmfao

Sign in to follow this